Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ScT : How can I get a good ratio?

rocknrule's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    I found out that it is very difficult in getting a buffer cushoin at ScT. I've always jumped into the latest uploaded torrents, but failed to get even 0.7 ratio. Whereas some users have already moved onto a seed status in a few minutes. How did it happen? Please tell me what you think about this matter. Thanks.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Cmon's Avatar on users.php
    Because majority they're using 100mbit? If you download their latest uploaded torrent & a lot of people download it, you should have a better ratio, but if it's still failed, go get a better connection
    Know too much = bad
    My Ratio, Stats & Speed

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmon View Post
    Because majority they're using 100mbit? If you download their latest uploaded torrent & a lot of people download it, you should have a better ratio, but if it's still failed, go get a better connection
    or just use a tracker where it is easier to maintain a decent ratio (TL, RevTT, FTN etc)

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    i <3 Your Mom BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    i too had the same problem keeping up.. i got myself a seedbox and had RSS set up on utorrent, so it automatically downloads all the new torrents as soon as it comes out..

if you cant afford a seedbox, then i suggest you download part of the torrent (like download one rar file only) and seed it as much as possible..

hope this helps.. good luck mate

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Beenieman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    To many seedbox's to compete with, thats your problem.
    Rent this space

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    You can always grab the torrent from another site like scc with faster pretimes and then hash it @ scenetorrents. But imo it's not worth it. If you can't keep up with the boxes find another tracker that fits you better

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    aburyach's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Seed old torrents...
    Since seedboxes have limited HD space, fast peers often delete new torrents quickly, leaving behind people with average/good connections. When someone comes along you should be able to get a decent upload going.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    KSA's Avatar Pro Skater BT Rep: +5
    yeah aburyach is right, seed old torrents if u faild with the new ones.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    KevinGarnet's Avatar Filesharing lover BT Rep: +3
    in ScT a lot of users have very fast connection so to keep good ratio is really hard.. but if you seed only peaces of torrents and old torrents you should keep good ratio..

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    nijntje's Avatar Member
    i wonder how many users have a seedbox on that site, the speeds are just ridiculous.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast