Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ram Guide

Ex-member
    EDIT: I've moved this to my website, so that I can keep it up-to-date more easily, and so people can see it when the board is down.

It's also a good deal easier to navigate.

RAM guide @McBriens.net

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    nice guide

one little teensy weensy point though: you say that the fastest ram currently available is PC3200, however, i've had a PC3500 (434MHz) for a few months now (Corsair XMS3502)

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    What is the difference between ECC and non ECC?

just teasing you Lamsey. you are B)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    Cheers Mr Lamsey for this, I&#39;ve been annoying a few folks on here asking them about this kinda stuff lately (Shout out to 2nd Gen Noob ) This will go a long way to stopping me from ending up with a small electrical fire on my hands. Thanks pal

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by 2nd gen noob+26 June 2003 - 02:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (2nd gen noob @ 26 June 2003 - 02:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> one little teensy weensy point though: you say that the fastest ram currently available is PC3200, however, i&#39;ve had a PC3500 (434MHz) for a few months now (Corsair XMS3502) [/b]

OK, how about I say fastest standard types? PC3500 isn&#39;t really a common type, although it may be popular with overclockers, I don&#39;t know .

<!--QuoteBegin-adamp2p
    @ 26 June 2003 - 19:38
    What is the difference between ECC and non ECC?[/quote]
    That answer has been added.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    "ECC RAM has extra error-correction control built into the circuitry of the chip. It is recommended for use in important computers such as servers or real-time workstations.
    Non-ECC RAM is cheaper and more than adequate for a normal desktop/laptop system."

I consider my computer important, at least I let it think so...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Nice guide Lamsey.I am forever getting mixed up with all the different types of RAM around these days and it&#39;s good having this to refer to.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    You might want to add that you need two cooling fans if you&#39;ve got RDRAM, it gets extremely hot inside.

had a mini fire once allready, a tiny cable came to close, it didn&#39;t touch, just a little too close. Once again wasn&#39;t my fault, the store repaired it and put in an extra fan.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by 0blivion@1 July 2003 - 21:34
    You might want to add that you need two cooling fans if you&#39;ve got RDRAM, it gets extremely hot inside.

had a mini fire once allready, a tiny cable came to close, it didn&#39;t touch, just a little too close. Once again wasn&#39;t my fault, the store repaired it and put in an extra fan.
    Added B)

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    iamtheoneandonlyone's Avatar Andromeda Ascendant
    Nice Lamsey&#33; Good job&#33; Now everyone will understand what a RAM is

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast