Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SCN And RTS - Just my opinion

G-Force's Avatar Retired BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    I dont know why but i just want to share my opinions on these 2 sites.

SCN - When this site first opened it looked very promising and had a beautiful layout, it was easy on the eyes and really looked like it could have been the next big thing!

Unfortunately ever since they had problems and redone the site it look cluttered and horrible, it is terrible to navigate and just plain ugly, it also doesn't have alot to offer as far as new releases etc. I was very excited about this site but imo opinion it has turned out to be a major flop.

RTS - WOW, what a cool site, the layout is probably the best of any torrent site i have visited, its easy on the eye, has a nice clean look, and is a pleasure to navigate around. It also has great speed and alot of great packs, not only that it is free leach and double upload.

RTS is even reasonably good for zero day stuff, it is no where as good as TL, SCT, FTN, and they seem to miss a lot of major releases but this should improve in time when more members and unloaders become available.

If you have not seen RTS i recommend you do your self a favor and check it out.
    http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/3821/fsc1bc9am5.png

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Basically your saying use RTS over SCN correct?

My opinion... The pres are better on SCN than on RTS... (but im not one who cares for pres anyways.)
    @ layouts. SCN The layout looks pretty descent. While some of the sections could use a slight fixing. (browse page comes to mind in particular).. I like the basic layout. They may have a few functions that arent needed but I like the general feel of the site.
    RTS = Ive seen much better layouts. As I mentioned here in other topics. My 2 yr old son could have done a better job. (No offence. V2 looks very promising so far however. )

SCN basically went down the tube a bit so to speak when their freeleech and x4 boost went offline. If you need to have freeleech on all the time... then its probably not best to run a site. SCN seems to be picking up a little momentum over the last 2 weeks or so. Ive seen more people downloading files than originally when they turned off the freeleech.

Personally in my own opinion: If you had the choice of using either site... (No offence) I would chose SCN over RTS any day of the week. This is just my own opinion based on previous facts which have been mentioned in other topics. Once a site gets exposed for doing a few major nono's it takes alot to make it come back from the shitlist for me at least.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Patriot foreve's Avatar William Wallace
    ofc Melvin u will choose SCN over RTS because Everyone knows your feelings against RTS but i am sure members of both trackers can exactly know whose better besides everyone has it's fans ,personally i think we had enough of RTS ,SCN topics in here

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BANNED
    Well Melvins a smart guy, he knows what hes talking about. I am a member of RTS, and i like the layout but im gonna have to say "OverKill" about Freeleech + Upload Multiplier for months now. Seems kinda desperate to me.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot foreve View Post
    ofc Melvin u will choose SCN over RTS because Everyone knows your feelings against RTS but i am sure members of both trackers can exactly know whose better besides everyone has it's fans ,personally i think we had enough of RTS ,SCN topics in here
    My feelings for RTS were left in my closing comment.

The comments I left for each site above the closing... had nothing to do with the whole passwords incident.
    I gave honest opinions about sites regaurdless to the other details I know about them... I left my own opinion in the closing yes... but again the comments above the closing had nothing to do with the statement in closing. TBH people slam TL alot in these forums... but ive left positive comments about them in the past. As well as for countless other sites alot of people disagree with. Also TBH.. MOST staff from other torrent sites Non- RTS/SCN couldnt give a rats ass about either site. I openly have defended both sites countless times for differant reasons. (Basically I give my opinions on stuff regaurdless to whom I am giving those opinions to.)

Also.... I was offered an invite to RTS a few weeks ago from one of their staff... I however never received the email to get the account. My comments WERE made on things I noticed in the past. None of my comments were about PRESENT since its been about a month or 2 since ive even logged into RTS. Some of the incidents I mentioned may have changed during that timeframe... but highly doubtful.

And yes too many topics about each site... but n00bs will always start new topics thinking they have an original idea for a topic that has been mentioned uber thousand times prior
    Last edited by Melvinmeow; 08-03-2007 at 12:55 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    ,personally i think we had enough of RTS ,SCN topics in here
    I was thinking the same thing as soon as i saw the topic.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    pandapop's Avatar +OK 3fds/fog43/dfs5l BT Rep: +1
    The problem is neither of the sites really offer anything different from whats already out there and don't do a better job than any of them either. I think there is just overkill with the amount of torrent sites around already, all uploading pretty much the same thing.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by pandapop View Post
    The problem is neither of the sites really offer anything different from whats already out there and don't do a better job than any of them either. I think there is just overkill with the amount of torrent sites around already, all uploading pretty much the same thing.

I agree... In all reality... if your gonna try and start a new site... try offering something the other big boys dont and you got yourself something nice.

I like the idea of only doing certain formats however everyone else has those specific cats/files anyways.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Member BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    I don't know about all the ins and outs Melvin is talking about. But I like both sites, but the layout of RTS I like best.

I wish both the best luck in the world.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Quote Originally Posted by seppypom View Post
    ,personally i think we had enough of RTS ,SCN topics in here
    I was thinking the same thing as soon as i saw the topic.
    so true

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast