View Poll Results: What do you think of New York?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's Awesome!

3 21.43%
  • It's OK

6 42.86%
  • It Sucks Ass!

5 35.71%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what do you think about New York?

mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Well,I arrived in the big apple early yesterday morning and was immediately pissed off. I drove here with some friends, and the road systems are SHIT! It cost like $10 just to get into the city, and it looks like they haven't paved any roads in half a century. Plus, almost all the roads are 1-way, and never work in my favor. To top it all off, my GPS has a 2 second delay, so I kept missing my turn. I had to reconfigure the route like 10 times and went over the Brooklyn bridge 3 times!

After w arrived, we used public trans and walked. I must say that almost everyone here is an asshole! It seems like the majority of assholes are white, and the majority of crazies (ie. arguing with trash cans) are black.

So, what are your thoughts? Is NY a good or bad place?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    Well,I arrived in the big apple early yesterday morning and was immediately pissed off. I drove here with some friends, and the road systems are SHIT! It cost like $10 just to get into the city, and it looks like they haven't paved any roads in half a century. Plus, almost all the roads are 1-way, and never work in my favor. To top it all off, my GPS has a 2 second delay, so I kept missing my turn. I had to reconfigure the route like 10 times and went over the Brooklyn bridge 3 times!

After w arrived, we used public trans and walked. I must say that almost everyone here is an asshole! It seems like the majority of assholes are white, and the majority of crazies (ie. arguing with trash cans) are black.

So, what are your thoughts? Is NY a good or bad place?
    New Yorkers aren't assholes. Yankees are assholes.

yo

3. Lounge   -   #3
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    I have to say thats the most ignorant statement Ive heard in a while. To dignify it with a response indicates that I recognize a semblance of intelligence in your observation.

Now to the part of your post worth responding to; Yes, lots of roads in NYC are an eyesore. I would know, Ive been driving in it since I acquired my license. But what do you expect from one of the busiest metropolis in the world? d like to see an outsider come up with a plan to patch all potholes in manhattan in the shortest possible time while avoiding gridlock.

Also, spare me your complaints about the tolls and your overall driving experience. You only have to endure it during the duration of your visit. We live with it everyday. If you thoroughly researched your trip beforehand, you'd realize driving in our city is not for those of faint of heart.

My thoughts? Double all tolls for tourists coming in the city.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

4. Lounge   -   #4
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Nowhere near as kewl as Amsterdam..The trouble with New York is that it is not run by the Dutch anymore

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    i heard someone once got killed to death in new york.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    and they didn't catch who did it.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    :earl:

that's the funniest thing you've ever said mulder

8. Lounge   -   #8
    gosh

9. Lounge   -   #9
    manker's Avatar effendi
    You obviously haven't heard his joke about what you call black people who fly aeroplanes
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    /me thinks mulder is hawt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast