Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Copyright Infringement Bad; Hulk Smash!

1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Heres the story...

Don't make the U.S. attorney general angry--you wouldn't like him when he's angry.

A New Jersey man learned that the hard way Wednesday, and faces up to three years in prison and $250,000 in fine after pleading guilty to distributing a pirated copy of "The Hulk," the tale of wayward scientist who turns into a machinery-smashing monster whenever he gets mad.

Kerry Gonzalez of Hamilton, N.J., pled guilty to felony copyright infringement charges in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, according to a statement from the U.S. Attorney's office.
    what u guys think?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Originally posted by Schmiggy_JK23@25 June 2003 - 22:59
    what u guys think?
    I think he's an idiot for pleading guilty....

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    um... obviously they tracked via IP... and thus connected the dots there to advertising agency where he got it from.

pleading innocence would probably be pretty difficut

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by Schmiggy_JK23@25 June 2003 - 18:12
    um... obviously they tracked via IP... and thus connected the dots there to advertising agency where he got it from.

You're probably right.. but, I think he could of negotiated a better deal. I dont think posting a "pre-release" was the smartest thing he could of done either..you know that they're gonna be looking for that,especially after what happened with Matrix Reloaded.

I'm guessing that he was'nt using any kind of "protection" (distributing an "unsafe" file is a felony under the health codes of many states lol) and so much for the "copy-protection",guess that went right out the window.. I would think that anyone that has enough savvy to crack the code, would take better care to cover their ass ?

Something just doesnt feel right here though.. why would they be looking for a file that was supposedly "copy-protected"? maybe this guy was "set-up"?

I'm sure we're all gonna hear about the results of this case.

Edit:spelling

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    and it was on verifieddownloads.com too 2 weeks before it was even on theaters

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by Fatal Error+26 June 2003 - 00:34--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Fatal Error @ 26 June 2003 - 00:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Schmiggy_JK23@25 June 2003 - 18:12

You&#39;re probably right.. but, I think he could of negotiated a better deal. I dont think posting a "pre-release" was the smartest thing he could of done either..you know that they&#39;re gonna be looking for that,especially after what happened with Matrix Reloaded.

I&#39;m guessing that he was&#39;nt using any kind of "protection" (distributing an "unsafe" file is a felony under the health codes of many states lol) and so much for the "copy-protection",guess that went right out the window.. I would think that anyone that has enough savvy to crack the code, would take better care to cover their ass ?

Something just doesnt feel right here though.. why would they be looking for a file that was supposedly "copy-protected"? maybe this guy was "set-up"?

I&#39;m sure we&#39;re all gonna hear about the results of this case.

Edit:spelling [/b][/quote]
    hey&#33;&#33;
    What has happened with Matrix Reloaded?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    the matrix reloaded was up on the internet after it was released.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by [-Crono-
    ,25 June 2003 - 21:13]the matrix reloaded was up on the internet after it was released.
    I had a copy of it before it was released..

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Actually, the guy had an advance copy of the movie, supposedly an exact copy of the theatre version (no "FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION"). The disc it came from had a digital signature that called its mommy and daddy at Universal when the guy ripped it. At least that&#39;s what I heard from the news.

Also heard that the RIAA and friends are checking on people with large amounts of mp3s being shared, starting tomorrow. They sound like they&#39;re trying to get serious now, but we shall see.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    The Guy should plead Insanity...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast