BANNED BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Hi to all
    i buy a server remote on "softlayer"
    how can setup this for seedbox?
    anyone help me?

thx in advance

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    If you have no idea how to set up linux box, you should probably upgrade to windows.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    hi AugustoP

the problem is GUI
    linux server no have one .....i find alternetive way
    you think windows server is better?

ciao

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Actually it's quite easy to set up everything you need (torrent client and ftp) from the command line. Check the guide about setting up utorrent on leeware in Guides section, it should contain some useful info.
    Use WinSCP to transfer files to your box and VNC or Putty to access the commandline.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    thx for info
    looking on guides section

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Me. All me BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Pay the extra $ for windows as said above, your not gonna regret it if you know nothing about *nix...

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    If you want a gui, follow this tutorial : http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/

really easy, you have a good box, so no problem running kde on it, i run it under three users on vectoral and works like a charm

(Plus the buggyme tutorial to setup a leeware box, will work on softlayer if you run fedora)

and don't make the mistake of going on windows, if you want stability, linux is way better!

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Me. All me BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    It's possible to have a stable windows box without much tweaking. But I also prefer some flavour of *nix for servers. Alot of the crap windows gets is unjustified, you can actually run it forever if your competent

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    If you want a gui, follow this tutorial : http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/

really easy, you have a good box, so no problem running kde on it, i run it under three users on vectoral and works like a charm

(Plus the buggyme tutorial to setup a leeware box, will work on softlayer if you run fedora)

and don't make the mistake of going on windows, if you want stability, linux is way better!
    Yeah, tell the guys running ERP and industrial-grade storage and workflow systems on Windows about stability. Stability is not about OS, its about people who manage the setup.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    If you're on SoftLayer, you don't have to pay extra for Windows. You can just remotely reformat it from inside the SL portal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast