Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay Sex - Now Fully Legal?

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Those damn Canadians are really screwing up things for the US.
    First they want to legalize marijuana, now it's same sex marriage.

Time for a invasion.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Originally posted by clocker@27 June 2003 - 14:31
    Those damn Canadians are really screwing up things for the US.
    First they want to legalize marijuana, now it's same sex marriage.

Time for a invasion.
    i guess you mean the military kind

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by myfiles3000@27 June 2003 - 07:40

Well yeah.

They are sitting on the world's third largest supply of snow...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by clocker+27 June 2003 - 13:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 27 June 2003 - 13:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-myfiles3000@27 June 2003 - 07:40

Well yeah.

They are sitting on the world&#39;s third largest supply of snow... [/b][/quote]
    And dont forget the forests....

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    5-1 they&#39;ll claim they&#39;re gonna "liberate the Canadians from that evil government"

I wonder what terrorists Canada harbours

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by myfiles3000@27 June 2003 - 08:20
    (in round about, back door fashion, so to speak).
    I have no problem with your noting of these circumstances, but others may wish your language had been properly filtered, PC-wise.....
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Originally posted by clocker+27 June 2003 - 14:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 27 June 2003 - 14:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-myfiles3000@27 June 2003 - 07:40

Well yeah.

They are sitting on the world&#39;s third largest supply of snow... [/b][/quote]
    funniest thing i&#39;ve read on this board so far, i think...

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Originally posted by j2k4+27 June 2003 - 15:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 &#064; 27 June 2003 - 15:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-myfiles3000@27 June 2003 - 08:20
    I have no problem with your noting of these circumstances, but others may wish your language had been properly filtered, PC-wise..... [/b][/quote]
    yeah, the same people who seriously need to get a life (and, as often as not, aren&#39;t gay and don&#39;t have any gay friends....)

in a similar vein, one time i was living in res, talking with someone about a guy that lived in the building, and she absolutely refused to mention the salient fact that he was black when describing his APPEARANCE. So i finally said, Oh, you mean the black guy? (ie, the only black guy in the building), and she said, Well, yes, but I didn&#39;t want to describe him that way.

a century ago we had to contend with unthinking racism. now we have to deal with unthinking anti-racism.

sorry, had a bit of a rant there...

edit: appearance (not experience)

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by myfiles3000+27 June 2003 - 10:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (myfiles3000 @ 27 June 2003 - 10:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by j2k4@27 June 2003 - 15:53
    <!--QuoteBegin-myfiles3000
    @27 June 2003 - 08:20

I have no problem with your noting of these circumstances, but others may wish your language had been properly filtered, PC-wise.....
    yeah, the same people who seriously need to get a life (and, as often as not, aren&#39;t gay and don&#39;t have any gay friends....)

in a similar vein, one time i was living in res, talking with someone about a guy that lived in the building, and she absolutely refused to mention the salient fact that he was black when describing his experience. So i finally said, Oh, you mean the black guy? (ie, the only black guy in the building), and she said, Well, yes, but I didn&#39;t want to describe him that way.

a century ago we had to contend with unthinking racism. now we have to deal with unthinking anti-racism.

sorry, had a bit of a rant there... [/b][/quote]
    Some rants should be required reading.

I am confounded, non-plussed and disconcerted by the success the PC crowd enjoys-meanwhile the textbooks get thinner, the vision narrows.....
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    I am confounded, non-plussed and disconcerted by the success the PC crowd enjoys-meanwhile the textbooks get thinner, the vision narrows.....
    this is veering way off course, but i was just having a conversation with someone yesterday about why creating a new vocabularly is important from a &#39;psycholinguistic&#39; perspective. According to this guy, the brain doesn&#39;t just transfer all information associated with word X to new file folder for word Y when people start using a new term, for example when we talk about African-americans instead of negroes or physically disabled instead of crippled. Rather, a new neural pathway is created, largely free of all the connotations and associations of the old word. So during WW2 we talked about the krauts and the japs, but we used different words post-war which didn&#39;t have all of the negative baggage -- even though semantically we are referring to the same group of people.

so i don&#39;t have a problem per se with PC and the new vocabularly....what I have a problem with is the well-intentioned but not very bright and/or not endowed with much a sense of humour people, who take PC to absurd levels that defy logic and common sense.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast