Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay Sex - Now Fully Legal?

WeeMouse's Avatar Small and Squeaky
    I was channel surfing yesterday (although with 5 channels, it isn't that fun...)

anyways, i came across the news and a report came on saying that in 13 states in America, gay sex between 2 consential (is that the word?) adults in their own home was illegal, but the big court in America has ruled that it should be legal.

Have I got this story correct? I know that church leaders in America probably won't like that...

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    The Supremes essentially legalized sodomy, so I'm sure America will turn into a massive "bugger fest".

You are right, as re: the various religious leaders; I suspect, however, the "Reverends" Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson will remain mum on the topic.

Likely it is only the beginning of the debate.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Well well...the Catholic church will no doubt complain about the lack of morality or something

They couldn't really keep it illegal anyway in this day and age, could they?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by WeeMouse@27 June 2003 - 05:49
    Well well...the Catholic church will no doubt complain about the lack of morality or something

They couldn't really keep it illegal anyway in this day and age, could they?
    Gay marriage may or may not be a good idea, but leaving consenting adults alone in private is a constitutional idea. Kennedy summed it up well in the opening of the court ruling:

"Liberty protects the person from unwarranted government intrusions into a dwelling or other private places. In our tradition the State is not omnipresent in the home."
    Given their current legal troubles, the Catholic Church would do well to keep it's mouth shut about this issue.

*ahem*
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    The Catholic Church thinks gays are unnatural...ah the joys of being taught in Roman Catholic schools for all of my life...

The Church will never keep it's mouth shut about anything...remember that they are spreading the word of God and have to protect us - God's children -from sinful things.

Do i sound scathing enough?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by WeeMouse@27 June 2003 - 06:15

Well you haven't quite risen to the level of Sinead O'Conner, but keep trying...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    While I agree the Catholic church, however ironically, has foregone any entree in this debate, we shouldn't forget (seriously, here) the beneficience of behavioral restraints historically imposed by religion(s); for centuries, it constituted the only set of guidelines to societal behavior we had.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Originally posted by clocker+27 June 2003 - 07:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 27 June 2003 - 07:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-WeeMouse@27 June 2003 - 06:15

Well you haven&#39;t quite risen to the level of Sinead O&#39;Conner, but keep trying... [/b][/quote]
    Sinead O&#39;Conner?

Speaking of irony........

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by clocker@27 June 2003 - 12:42

Well you haven&#39;t quite risen to the level of Sinead O&#39;Conner, but keep trying...
    Dont you recognise her ordination as a Priest?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    same sex marriage is now legal in canada (along with belgium and holland in the world i think). this causes the USA big problems, because normally speaking states respect each others&#39; marriage laws. this would allow US gays to enjoy the benefits of legally married status (in round about, back door fashion, so to speak).

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast