Thread: Good torrent source for high-quality movies

I'm looking for a good torrent site with high-quality movies where I could find not just new releases but some oldies (90's), too. Any suggestions?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Does not exist AFAIK. Usenet is your best source for that. Maybe DC hubs and stuff like that.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    The first response to "high quality movies" is usually HD in my opinion. You've got a few possibilities there, among those are dedicated trackers like HDBits.org, BiT-HDTV, HD-bits.ro and likely a few more that offer highdef movies from either HDTV or encodes from Blu-Ray/HD-DVD's.

Or maybe you just meant good video quality with your search parameter, then DVDR trackers like SweDVDR, Swebits or TTi are a good place to start searching. Swebits for example has 477 torrents in their DVDR category that match the search criteria "199" which should be true for any movie between 1990 and 1999.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Well, I'm mainly looking for a torrent of the movie "Say Anything" (1989, John Cusack; Diane Court). I've tried searching, but all that I could find were dead. Otherwise, I might consider using HDBits.org for new releases.

Question: Does HDBits offer both TV and movies?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    xJohnxSmithx's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    scenehd.org is HD only lots of 720p 1080p blueray and hddvd rips.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    KevinGarnet's Avatar Filesharing lover BT Rep: +3
    i think good are these: HDbits.org Bit-HDTV, ofcourse scenehd is not bad.. but like one people said the best is usenet..

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by rawr View Post
    Well, I'm mainly looking for a torrent of the movie "Say Anything" (1989, John Cusack; Diane Court). I've tried searching, but all that I could find were dead.
    Well, I've found a DVDR via the public piratebay search but that's probably not what you were looking for This movie seems to be very elusive indeed, those were the only releases I could find by name but not on any of the likely trackers for stuff like this:

2007-03-12 Say.Anything.1989.HDRip.XviD-TLF
    2007-02-14 Say.Anything.1989.DVDRip.XviD.iNT-420RipZ
    2006-04-30 Say.Anything.1989.NTSC.iNTERNAL.DVDR-FTi
    2005-11-14 Say.Anything.1989.WS.iNTERNAL.NTSC.DVDR-OSiRiS
    2005-11-09 Say.Anything.1989.DVDRip.XviD.iNTERNAL-KMS

You might want to try requesting one or both DVDR releases on Swebits because their request system is one of the best of all torrent trackers.

In addition to the torrent stuff, I did find one other thing that might be of interest to you:

Say.Anything.1989.DvDRip.DivX-QiX

This release is available in alt.binaries.xvid.movies and was posted 64 days ago. If you have access to a newsserver with long enough retention times, a download would still be possible.

I hope this helps with your search.

Quote Originally Posted by rawr View Post
    Question: Does HDBits offer both TV and movies?
    Yes, HDBits.org, BiT-HDTV and SceneHD allow both Movies and TV in 720p/1080i/p quality but the trackers differ in what they offer.