Thread: Is it possbile ?

GINZY's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    hi guys. i got my seedbox to torrenting and download from seedbox server with IDM. I only got 200KB/s download speed so it takes me about more than 7 hours to get 1 complete dvdr. My leeware seedbox hdd is 20GB so i can finish download 4 dvdr. But the problem is that i need 1 day or more to download these 4 dvdr to my pc at home. If i got 4 friends download with me at the same time so i can get 4 dvdr within 7 hours and 1 day i can get 12 dvdr.
    Is it possible to use IDM from my friends's PC to download the dvdr from the leeware server to my desktop at home ?
    i think that my desktop and my friends's PC need to be linked together or sharing st... like they' re in Lan.

It's lit bit confusing. All i wanna ask is that can i use others PC to download st to my PC and what i need to prepare ?
    thank in advance

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    you pretty much lost me there but im assuming your connection at home can only go 200kbs. well thats the fastest you will be able to download anything. using your mates pc as a proxy wont speed your connection up at all unless your both sharing a connection thats faster than 200kb.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 4play View Post
    you pretty much lost me there but im assuming your connection at home can only go 200kbs. well thats the fastest you will be able to download anything. using your mates pc as a proxy wont speed your connection up at all unless your both sharing a connection thats faster than 200kb.
    ^What he said.

=-=

If you are asking whether it's possible to have them use their own connections to download stuff, and then connect to them in a LAN or something and get the stuff off them, then yes, that is possible, all that limits you is the transfer rates your hardware can handle.

But I'm guessing what you want is more along what 4play answered, in which case you'll be sharing the same 200KB-connection with others, which means that you'll be sharing the bandwidth between you. Therefore you won't all be downloading at 200KB/s. At best the total speed will remain at 200KB/s, but it's not unlikely that whatever you use to split the connection will slow all of you down somewhat.