Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There's few things more satisfying..

DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    than contesting a parking ticket in court and getting the judge to award you with a "not guilty" verdict with very muddy evidence. (i.e. moving your car out of the pedestrian ramp where you got the ticket and taking a picture of it parked legitimately a few feet away)

I'm 2 for 2 with contesting these annoying tickets. I feel like Matlock
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

2. Lounge   -   #2
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    than falling and smashing your teeth in the sidewalk, only to be dragged by a pitbull to the nearest bone backup in the park
    then being saved by a traffic warden who is also a hobbyist abortionist and dentist, whom you marry have 3 kids with until you hit a pebble with your suv, while writting her an sms and swerve into a container full of poker cards.
    Had you not swerved you would have killed the dalai lama, hence you are reincarnated as a fetish.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    what's a pedestrian ramp?

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    its a one of those inclined things along a sidewalk that allows people with disability to pass easier

or rollerblading noobs to roll easier.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

5. Lounge   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by DefianceX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    its a one of those inclined things along a sidewalk that allows people with disability to pass easier

or rollerblading noobs to roll easier.
    wtd did you park infront of one of them for?
    Aren't the always in intersections?

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Not always. In residential sections here in NY, you can see them not only in intersections but in the middle as well. I figure they cater to the elderly which was many, in the neighborhood.

Besides, I was just partly blocking it and the ass gave me the ticket around 6:30 am on a Sunday morning ffs. I was going to work at 7 am. The ass probably had to meet a quota.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    We have the same laws in Texas, though I'm sure it's nationwide. Blocking the ramps violates ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) laws.

Well done moving and then taking a pic.

yo

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Im very proud of it myself

Useful fact: If you contest a ticket in front of a judge, theres a 50% chance it will be dismissed and 19% chance that the fine will be reduced.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Traffic wardens around here are sneaky now, they take photographs themselves every time they issue a ticket so you cant contest it.

I only learnt this after parking in a residents parking bay that had been suspended and was sign posted. I came back to a ticket so i cut down the sign and took a photo without the sign up and sent it in to contest the ticket. The council responded with their own photo with the sign still up right above my car.

I should have accused them of photoshopin it.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Have you ever nicked a microwave for your mom?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast