Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please help

Poster
    I just downloaded a game(X Men 2 Wolverine's Revenge) and when I try to open it it sais i need to have a 3d graphic accelerator does anyone know where to download one or get one I don't want to pay money .

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Ex-member
    Try downloading one from nVidia.com ar ATi.com

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    I will try that now thanks sorry for putting it in the wrong section i didnt know what they where so i just put it in software.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Do you have a 3D card installed in your computer ?

If so get the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Ex-member
    OK, now I'm going to stop being cruel and tell you what a 3d graphics accelerator is.

It's commonly called a 3d video card - a circuit board you insert into your computer that computes and outputs graphical data.

nVidia and ATi are the two big cheeses in the 3d video card market with their GeForce and Radeon lines respectively.

If your game tells you that you need a better 3d graphics accelarator, then your computer needs new hardware.

And that will cost money.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    I Have

Intergrated S3 Prosavage 3D AGP Graphics
    256mb ram
    AMD Athlon 1800+(1.53Ghz)Processer
    direct x 9.0a Installed

Wich I Think Meets The Required System Requierments and ive never had any problems like this with games before also i have direct x 9.0a installed on my computer!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by stupidguy@28 June 2003 - 15:19
    I Have

Intergrated S3 Prosavage 3D AGP Graphics
    256mb ram
    AMD Athlon 1800+(1.53Ghz)Processer
    intergrated Card are the crappiest u can get u fall just below specs with those. plus u has a slightly old Processor u will deffintily need an up grade soon i think u should just buy a whole new computer it would be cheap but other then that u deffinitly need a better Graphic card along with faster Processor. even tho u meet minuimum Specs dont mean anything. i assume u have tried turning down all the levels of the game to the lowest setting graphic wise?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    the CPU is fine, but it sounds like your 3D chip is just not supported by the game. you definitely should invest at least $50-$100 USD in a new graphics card if you want to play the latest 3D games.

CPU requirements of games are not nearly as high as the graphics card requirements. i played all the way through Splinter Cell with a 1.1ghz CPU and the frame rate was perfectly okay at 1024x768 resolution because i have a decent graphics card.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Whole new computer?

An AMD 1800 will last for a good year to come with games with ease, without any clocking, considering most games today will run at a good res and high speed on a 1 Ghz chip

Check your manuals or open the case up to see if you have a spare AGP slot, in which a new graphics card can go. Hopefully, your motherboard will allow you to bypass the integrated graphics card, and allow a new graphics accelerator in its place. If it doesnt, then it looks like a new motherboard is the way for you, keep your chip for now, dont worry about it it will be plenty fast enough for quite a while, even if it isnt in the future you can clock it.

Another future upgrade which is both cheap and simple is the ram, I would upgrade it to at least 512Mb, to ensure it has enough to keep up with RAM heavy apps and games

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    O.k I'll See About Upgrading My Graphic Card Any Suggestions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast