Thread: Re-installling A Game (summoner)

I had actually already had this installed (Summoner), and uninstalled it awhile back to clean up room on my comp cause I wasn't playing it then, but now I want to play it and when I put the first disc in to try and install the only options I get are 1--modify 2--repair 3--uninstall
    Now I've already done the uninstall but in my control panel under add/remove progs its still there, however, the size listed is only 1.4 mb instead of the usual almost 1 gb so I have no clue what's up. I took my comp to the shop and they can't figure out as well. They just told me to leave it therre for a few days and they'll try and figure it out...I don't wanna leave my comp there for a few days...I'm a teacher and i've got all my school stuff in here that I use on a daily basis. Help please!!!
    I didn't put this in the gameworld because although Iknow the particular subject is a game I figured this was more with installing and uninstalling type thingy so I figured here would be best. Please don't ream my ass if u feel otherwise.
    Thanx

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    Not sure, but insert the disk again and choose the option uninstall (even if it is already).
    Also clean up your registry using JVpowertools or regcleaner (you'll be surprised how much regkeys there are left after uninstalling games and prgramms).
    btw you can get the mentioned apps at www.jv16.org
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I already clicked and did the uninstall like 20 times but there's still something left. In the registry how do u know which file is ok to delete...I don't wanna delete anything I still need??? I think I have both JV Powertools and I know for certain Reg Cleaner...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Hey man I use Regcleaner and I just go to Tools->Registry Cleanup->Do them all.
    This works for me. Regcleaner makes a backup anyway so you should be okay.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    If you use JVPowerTools, choose 'Registry Tool', Once loaded you see all kinds of regkeys. Look up if you see one left from the author of the game and check it and remove it.
    After that go to 'Tools' and choose the option 'Registry Cleaner' look carefully at the checked options. Check also the box 'Show ignored entries' and 'I want manually verify deleted entries'. Click continue.
    In the next srceen check all the boxes.
    Click start.
    When done, ther will be a lot of regkeys found. The ones with red dots are dangerous to remove. The green ones you can check and delete them.
    Take a good look at the ones with a red dot, cuase there are lots of them which can be removed cause they belong to games/apps that aren't on your pc anymore. I think you''ll find a regkey from Summoner in there.
    goodluck.
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Cool, thanx guys...if this don't work though I think I'll just leave it at the shop...but at least I learned something from you all!!!!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    McGee's Avatar Poster
    Try doing the repair option..

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    all you need is a program called add/remove plus just do a google search for a 30 day trial, and remove the 1.4meg entry from your add remove programs and then install it again.

the same thing happened to me with medal of honour and add/remove plus fixed the prob for me.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Also try out Norton Ultilitie's "WinDoctor"