Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quesion

WeeMouse's Avatar Small and Squeaky
    true..

I didn't know it was the style you disliked - thought it was the story itself!

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Yep,sorry, should have said that... Can't express myself properly today.
    I feel strange today

3. Lounge   -   #13
    I feel strange every day!

You are forgiven tho

4. Lounge   -   #14
    I think the Harry Potter books are entertaining. I read a lot of books, and these are just funny and nice to read. But I don't think Rowling is such a good writer. She only has these books she's famous with and does nothing else than that. If you read books like Artemis Fowl, or Anthony Horowitz, those are better books.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    BANNED
    its imaginative and that is how kids are, big imaginations, also he has magic powers you know

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Eugenius
    I HATE HARRY POTTER

that bitch Rowling is a clever devil!
    she's just rehashed old kids books!!!
    kids DON't want to read these books, they are forced to by their parents cos they THINK their kids will like them so the kids just go along with it cos it's fun.

what wee kid living in, say, a Glasgow flat can relate to some little english twit that goes to a private school for magicians (Hogshit or whatever).

now Charlie and the chocolate factory, that's open to all kids. a poor wee guy finds a ticket and gets to visit a choclate factory. simple. could happen to anyone.

Queeditch this Rowling!

7. Lounge   -   #17
    what wee kid living in, say, a Glasgow flat can relate to some little english twit that goes to a private school for magicians
    I sit in a wee Glasgow flat reading...I can't relate at all to a wizard...but by that way of thinking, I shouldn't really read lord of the rings as i have no experience of being a hobbit or possesing a Ring of Power!

JUst cos you don't like them doesn't mean that they are BAD....chill man!

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Just because you were forced to read it by your parents it dosen`t mean everybody was!! I for myself don`t read very much bt the HP books are the ones that can hold me for ages!! There just so exciting and very mature if you ask me!! And i think you can`t judge a book before you haven`t read it!!

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Originally posted by Eugenius@10 July 2003 - 22:27
    kids DON't want to read these books, they are forced to by their parents cos they THINK their kids will like them so the kids just go along with it cos it's fun.
    that's not true, i'm 15 and i read the book b/c i like it, not b/c my parents force me to read it. in fact, my parents dun even know much about the book, and they didn't know it was popular until i finished the 3rd book.

therefore, Eugenius, u've been proven wrong

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Eugenius
    i've not read any Harry Tosser books but i know they're crap.
    so i'm not wrong. anyone person over the age of 13 who reads it is just following a trend, WAKE UP! IT'S RUBBISH!

and it's not that a wee glasgow kid can't RELATE to it, it's that the book is elitist, just like private schools, so therefore it appeals more to those kind of families.

at least Lord of the Rings has themes relevant to human history (wars, struggle, persecution), and that's how people can get something out of it cos it's emotional.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast