Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Commercials You Love To Hate

FvKin GeniuS :D
    Originally posted by Lamsey+30 June 2003 - 02:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey @ 30 June 2003 - 02:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> - The AOL ones with that bloody irritating woman (thankfully retired with the advent of AOL 8)
    - Any advert by DFS
    - That Renault Megane advert with the &#39;shaking that ass&#39; song (now thankfuly pulled)

There are many others.

But the worst has to be:
    <!--QuoteBegin-L&#39;Oreal

Because I&#39;m worth it... simper, simper
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaagh&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Hey Lamsley My tv has Pop-up blocker so i dont get any AOL commercials

Board rule: max 500x150 Pixels (w x h)

https://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/albegaleeeee.jpg

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Originally posted by tite-wad@30 June 2003 - 01:06
    There are a couple of local ads that I really despise, but unless you&#39;re from the eastern Indiana - western Ohio area, you wouldn&#39;t recognize them.

So far as national campaigns (United States)...
    • The "truth" ads really annoy me.
    • The Verizon "Can you hear me now?" commercials - except the monkey one - it&#39;s hilarious&#33;
    Yeah I agree the "truth"ads.
    One I really can&#39;t stand is the Subway commercals,talk about a guy with no life.
    Also that car commercial with the white girl in the passangerseat doing the seizure dance.
    &quot;Specs&quot;
    CPU:High,some say I&#39;m a legend in My own mind.
    Update&#33; Overclocked - Achieved Demi God statis.
    Ram:If she&#39;s ready, so am I.
    Hard drive:Ready for access,larger than average.
    Bus speed:Not as fast as My truck.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Originally posted by Twigboy@30 June 2003 - 01:10
    One I really can&#39;t stand is the Subway commercals,talk about a guy with no life.
    Also that car commercial with the white girl in the passangerseat doing the seizure dance.
    Yup, Yup&#33; hate the Subway ads too&#33; The Jerod ones and the "made fresh" bullshit&#33;

And I didn&#39;t realize that anyone else thought that the girl in the Mitzubishi commercial looks like she&#39;s having an epileptic seizure&#33; Nice to know it isn&#39;t just me&#33;

4. Lounge   -   #14
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    i hate the Strongbow Ads for what they&#39;ve become - they changed the slogan from "Get A Thirst First" to "Get Refreshed"

i also hate AOL ads, BT ads, any of those &#39;stylised&#39; purfume ads, ads for loans, ads about people who fell of their chair because their arse is too fat and are now sueing people, and that ad for that tanning stuff with that nice looking woman who then smiles
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

5. Lounge   -   #15
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    i just saw one on 5 for something called orangeglo. calm down man were not french

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Poster
    Just about any commercial involving washed-up athletes or never-were actors pushing alternate long-distance phone companies. You know the ones....... " Hey Fred, why didn&#39;t you just call 1-880-665-743-929-eighty-eight-hup-one-hup-two- jackmeoff-4878-SAVE -ON-CALLS ? "
    Oh, man &#33; you mean I could have saved eight cents if I had just called 1-880-665-743-929-eighty-eight-hup-one-hup-two-jackmeoff-4878-SAVE-ON-CALLS ? "
    That&#39;s right Fred, it&#39;s as easy as 1-880-665-743-929......blahblahblahblah.....AAAAAAARRRRRGH &#33;

7. Lounge   -   #17
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    i just seen an advert with "Mr-never-going-to-win-wimbledon-dickhead" in it - a.k.a Tim Henman - one of the biggest twats ive seen in my life - and a terrible tennis player who will NEVER win wimbledon - im not really into tennis it just pisses me off all the British people are behind "our tim", when he&#39;s sh*te and everyone forgets about the tournament a day after its over.....
    Anyway have i hijacked this with a rant?

Sorry&#33; The advert sucks ass &#33;&#33; Its about persil, some washin up liquid of sumthin.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Originally posted by Riddler@30 June 2003 - 03:28
    Just about any commercial involving washed-up athletes or never-were actors pushing alternate long-distance phone companies. You know the ones....... " Hey Fred, why didn&#39;t you just call 1-880-665-743-929-eighty-eight-hup-one-hup-two- jackmeoff-4878-SAVE -ON-CALLS ? "
    Oh, man &#33; you mean I could have saved eight cents if I had just called 1-880-665-743-929-eighty-eight-hup-one-hup-two-jackmeoff-4878-SAVE-ON-CALLS ? "
    That&#39;s right Fred, it&#39;s as easy as 1-880-665-743-929......blahblahblahblah.....AAAAAAARRRRRGH &#33;
    Definitely

I&#39;ve seen one recently,
    its this guy who&#39;s like:
    "You know what a no brainer is? It&#39;s something
    that you dont even have to think about"
    He sounded serious so i thought it was some kind of
    anti-drug or anti-tobacco commercials.
    But then he says:
    "A big no brainer is saving your money with 10-10-####.
    You save &#036;&#036; per minute and &#036;&#036; on long distance."

I was like wtf?

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Another one that was stupid:

Drug money supports terrorism.

Okay,
    I go by Mcdonald&#39;s and pay for a big mac,
    I give the a dollar plus some coins.
    Later that day, a mand walks in and orders
    another Big Mac. He receives the 1 dollar that I
    gave the cashier as change.
    Later, that man commits a terrorist act.

By Going to McDonalds did I just support Terrorism?

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Those bloody car insurance commercials with Michael Winner. "Calm down dear..."
    They drive me nucking futs&#33;

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast