Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Movies

what do u guys recommend for my dad who like war and action movies. somtin that isnt older tahn 1995.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Band of Brothers has to be the best war story ever put to film.
    It's the true story of the 101st Air Born Screaming Eagles. It start in Georgia and goes right through to the end of WWII. The character are all real people and the whole thing is based on thier accounts of the battles. Also it's done by Stephen Spielburg so the acting is top notch and it looks completely real.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    is that like a series of movies sort of like a show

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster
    umm i think this is like 96 or 97 but great movie saving private ryan

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Yeah it's an HBO mini series (10 parts) but you can rent and rip.
    You can buy in Canada for about $100 give or take.
    It's probably on Kazaa but I think it's a must have on DVD so I forked out the $100 and never bothered to look for it. If your dad likes war movie he'll love this.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Band Of Brothers is $80.93 (S&H included) on Canadian site North American DVD

(in the US that's what it costs)
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    oh i remember saving private ryan, it was a great movie. but my dad already seen that. here the other one he seen, black hawk down, behind enemy line, we were soldier, and windtalker. i think i pretty much name all the good one that why im asking u guys for help. btw, is THE THIN RED LINE any good?

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Did you ever see 3 Kings thats good for a laugh it's a War/Heist flick.

It's kind of like Kelly's Heros.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by kazaaliterock@29 June 2003 - 23:29
    oh i remember saving private ryan, it was a great movie. but my dad already seen that. here the other one he seen, black hawk down, behind enemy line, we were soldier, and windtalker. i think i pretty much name all the good one that why im asking u guys for help. btw, is THE THIN RED LINE any good?
    Just an opinion, but I thought the Thin Red Line had more of a drama feel to it. But there were some great battle scenes and Nick Nolte's character was totally loathesome ( great performance, though ). It was a bit on the long side too...I think it broke the 3 hour mark. For my money, Saviour, starring Dennis Quaid was a hell of a movie. The Serbo-Croatian conflict and the government " cleansing " made for a very powerful story.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Originally posted by Riddler+30 June 2003 - 08:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Riddler @ 30 June 2003 - 08:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kazaaliterock@29 June 2003 - 23:29
    Just an opinion, but I thought the Thin Red Line had more of a drama feel to it. But there were some great battle scenes and Nick Nolte&#39;s character was totally loathesome ( great performance, though ). It was a bit on the long side too...I think it broke the 3 hour mark. For my money, Saviour, starring Dennis Quaid was a hell of a movie. The Serbo-Croatian conflict and the government " cleansing " made for a very powerful story. [/b][/quote]
    Agreed. The Thin Red Line was an awesome picture, but I skip through all those dream sequences though they are a bit to lengthy.

As for new war shows try: Black Hawk Down,We Were Soldiers, Windtalkers,Enemy At the Gates,Behind Enemy Lines,and Hart&#39;s War.

War is my favorite genre of movies and all the above are great. I hope this helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast