View Poll Results: Account Ttrading: Good or Bad?

Voters
396. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

106 26.77%
  • Bad

217 54.80%
  • Not sure / not bothered

73 18.43%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Account trading: Good or Bad?

kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    I'll wade in. I believe there are many sides to this. Consider two traders, one has an account they created for the purpose of eventually using it for trading. They go into the process without a loyalty to the tracker moving between them; but what they are doing is misusing the account created by the site thereby disrespecting that torrent community. Even giving away an account is not right when you think about it.

What is the worst though, is when someone accepts an account during a giveway with a promise not to trade, and then turns around and trades it. That is where the accusations of dishonesty are most relevant!!! This kind of trading is dirty and should always be frowned upon.

The worry I have for invites that I have given away, and plan to give away, is that while I give them to someone whom i believe is of good reputation, if they ever give or trade that account to a person of poor reputation next thing you know, I end up with a stained reputation because the 5th or 6th person to put their hands on the account just pulled a bunch of HnR's and created bad feelings all around.

It is much to consider, and impossible to control for all angles and possibilities. At the end of the day though, I do disagree with trading. I believe invites should be freely given, and freely received. Less trading would result in more giveaways and more accounts moving between hands, as people would be less cautious and worried about getting their reputation ruined!!

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #12
    Cmon's Avatar on users.php
    Bad, I don't really like people who trade, account is not meant for trading, just my opinion
    Know too much = bad
    My Ratio, Stats & Speed

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #13
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Account trading is terrible for the BT community. When you invite someone there is a connection to you which makes you think hard if you can trust them. When you give away/trade an account there is nothing stopping you from giving it to any old person you come across beacuse they give you a good offer or whatever. I understand many people will take care when trading or giving away accounts, but many others will not. At least with invite trading (which is also wrong) there is the safety net of self interest that can help keep some of the riff raff, cheaters, scammers ect out of private trackers which are meant to be private and only shared between good friends.

How about an option to ban account trading at FST you would have my vote.

Ok that's enough **sear takes a deep breath**

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #14
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Having traded accounts, due to ignorance on my part and just wanting something because it was there, I never gave the tracker, and its staff, much consideration. However, I can say I never abused any account that I had either.

However, poacher turned gamekeeper, and I can now see how some trackers would not want their accounts just changing hands willy nilly, never mind the amount of passkeys that could end up in the public domain.

I also have never passed on any account that I have been invited to, indeed it would be impossible to disentangle actually in most cases, and it was only through experience that I realised that being invited in through the front door was the only honourable way to conduct oneself, and that it would have been highly disrespectful to the invitee should I even contemplate trading an account.

There are also some trackers that don't care, and this is where most of the confusion arises from, but overall no account trading should be the norm.

I do not see much harm in offering an invite for an invite, whether it be of equal value or not, and this where I believe the the direction of the BT Invites section should be heading.

FST should be the voice of P2P, and if the trackers as a majority do not want account trading, then their views should be taken into consideration when formulating a new policy.

Maybe there could be in the future a further sub-forum for account trading, I don't know, but I agree with majority, I would like to see the back of account trading in the BT Invite Section of the FST forum all together.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #15
    BANNED BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    for me not bothered
    but must trade with trust guys

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #16
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie
    Do you think trading tracker accounts and invites is a good or bad thing for the BT community?
    it does not matter, there are and will always be users that take part in it

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #17
    Bad, bad bad.

it can lead to all kinds of issues. Your information gets twisted up with everyone that you trade with or that they trade with. someone else can do some dirt, on an account gets linked to you and you get a bad rap. You and everyone involved can easily loose accounts on a dozen trackers at once.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #18
    phantom's Avatar the shadow... BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    yap... very bad thing... but when u have a scope to obtain something u'r constrainedly to make this acc trading, u know...
    I don't know exactly what's the solution 4 this, but will be a good thing if this acc traiding will not be available...

In rest... CHEERS to everyone!

to be, or not to be... what do u choose?

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #19
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Bad. And it's unbelievable it happens so much on this forum

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #20
    Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    is bad no matter , what the reason, is just like saying war is bad or good? war always be bad, but maybe there no otherway

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast