Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is it really about speed?

SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    i have this thought i want to share it with you

you see many of us are seeding torrents but some are not that lucky to have fast upload speeds .
    so is it really about speed or is it about keeping your torrents running no matter what low speed you have and no matter there are leechers to take from you or not.

for me, i guess it isn't about the speeds it's about how you really commit to give what you already take and how much do you want to share.

i really want to read your thoughts concerning this issue.

For Serving Community

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    KevinGarnet's Avatar Filesharing lover BT Rep: +3
    i agree with you.. speed don't matter for me.. but sometimes it is very nervous when for example i download something and speed is really low.. i have good connection know and i like high speeds.. but better is share no matter what is speed..

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    low_dirt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    slow speeds > zero seeds =
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." Gen. George S. Patton

http://www.speedtest.net/result/228206068.png

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    I despise trading BT Rep: +1
    I seed as long as possible... and tend to agree with your view on the matter.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Wilton331's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I just seed and bite my nails hoping that they will get to 1.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    i have a shitty upload speed.. so i either just leech off of public trackers, use demonoid and hack my ratio back up to one (with ***********), or ghost on a private tracker (if i must use it..). I don't know what this has to do with the topic, but i really feel like uploading should be left to the (ever-growing number of) seedboxes out there.
    But yeah, you can wave your moral compass all you want.. I'm a leecher and always will be..
    I'm greedy and don't feel like wasting my bandwidth. Actually that's not completely true. Because it takes me so long to seed back to 1:1, and because of my unmitigated paranoia of getting caught (i hear they go after the uploaders more voraciously than the downloaders), I'm quite frankly scared to upload .
    But yeah because of my impatience when downloading... to me it's all about speed.

for the record i had (and am still having) trouble by what you mean when you say "is it really about speed?", particularly your use of 'it'. Do you mean like how you are perceived as a member of the torrenting community.. much like the phrase "is it really about size" or something like that to your status in your sex life, if you will.
    Last edited by Enigma271828; 08-15-2007 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    I'm back! :o BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    I play around with my ratio's alot, By this i mean...

If theres a new movie or something that i dont want, But will give me alot of upload straight off, I will take it and put it into my seedbox for 3 days + and that keeps my ratio above whats needed.

If theres something i actually want, I download straight to my computer and seed until there is enough seeders to not actually miss me not being there anyway.

I have a crap connection for keeping ratio's tbh. 20mbit download, 786kb upload.

786kb when competing with seedbox's wont really go above 50kb/s (roughly) so its too hard to get a 1.0 on them

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma271828 View Post
    i have a shitty upload speed.. so i either just leech off of public trackers, use demonoid and hack my ratio back up to one (with ***********), or ghost on a private tracker (if i must use it..). I don't know what this has to do with the topic, but i really feel like uploading should be left to the (ever-growing number of) seedboxes out there.
    But yeah, you can wave your moral compass all you want.. I'm a leecher and always will be..
    I'm greedy and don't feel like wasting my bandwidth. Actually that's not completely true. Because it takes me so long to seed back to 1:1, and because of my unmitigated paranoia of getting caught (i hear they go after the uploaders more voraciously than the downloaders), I'm quite frankly scared to upload .
    But yeah because of my impatience when downloading... to me it's all about speed.

for the record i had (and am still having) trouble by what you mean when you say "is it really about speed?", particularly your use of 'it'. Do you mean like how you are perceived as a member of the torrenting community.. much like the phrase "is it really about size" or something like that to your status in your sex life, if you will.
    cheating won't help ,you will get caught sooner or later for this
    even if you have a slow upload speed you should seed your files for the longest time you can this will be better

For Serving Community

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke_marlow View Post
    I have a crap connection for keeping ratio's tbh. 20mbit download, 786kb upload.

786kb when competing with seedbox's wont really go above 50kb/s (roughly) so its too hard to get a 1.0 on them
    I don't think that's so bad I get about 10-15Mb down and 800kb to 1Mb up and don't have a problem seeding. I can usually get at least 60kb up and have seen it hit well over 200.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    lubu's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    I absolutely agree; I make it a point to seed as much as I can though I have a very pathetic connection..Though I must say that st times it is very frustrating when you see that inspite of seeding for weeks the ratio does go up..But at the end of the day isn't file sharing all about sharing or seeding?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast