Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: bithdtv = failure

hangemhigh's Avatar semi retired BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hn13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bfietta View Post
    because of their stupidity, I have now lost my sct and finbytes account
    the mail was stolen aswell !!!!!
    be fair to yourself. if you used the same passwords on those accounts then it serves you right.
    j0hn13 = mforcex?
    hmmmmm??
    http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=146759&dateline=1186088996

2. BitTorrent   -   #72
    nijntje's Avatar Member
    you should NEVER use the password for your email on torrent sites, that is just plain stupid. I have several different and strong passwords for my main email,paypal etc etc

3. BitTorrent   -   #73
    Vercors's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by terrorize View Post
    STOP REQUESTING THE.txt FILE!!!!
    DO NOT PM ME ANYMORE!!!!
    You shouldn't have put it in the first place
    You can always list the nicks of those who asked you for that file, most of them are probably account stealer wannabees
    (seriously you could do that)

Quote Originally Posted by hangemhigh View Post
    be fair to yourself. if you used the same passwords on those accounts then it serves you right.
    j0hn13 = mforcex?
    hmmmmm??
    I think he just reacted on the "because of their stupidity"
    Last edited by Vercors; 08-15-2007 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. BitTorrent   -   #74
    Member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vercors View Post

Quote Originally Posted by hangemhigh View Post
    j0hn13 = mforcex?
    hmmmmm??
    I think he just reacted on the "because of their stupidity"
    Yes, I just reacted to "because of their stupidity" and I'm not j0hn13 = mforcex. My username and password was on that list, but I don't care. I use unique password for every site and not like somebody I do not complain. Shit happens. Also I've seen people who complained that they lost their accounts or ratio because of this. But they joined the site after the leak.

5. BitTorrent   -   #75
    low_dirt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    i question the comprehensiveness of the list. i joined before the leak, however my acc name wasn't on the list
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." Gen. George S. Patton

http://www.speedtest.net/result/228206068.png

6. BitTorrent   -   #76
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by low_dirt View Post
    i question the comprehensiveness of the list. i joined before the leak, however my acc name wasn't on the list
    This list was after all a custom log file and no user-database, at least that's how the picture was painted in the internal BiT-HDTV forums. It's possible that your login data didn't make it into the log for some reason.

7. BitTorrent   -   #77
    AsdaBags
    Quote Originally Posted by low_dirt View Post
    does anyone know if the issue has been resolved? or will the new batch of accs and recently-changed pws be available again unencrypted? If so, I don't want to waste my time with this tracker...
    The "issue" was resolved several months ago, the list is several months old. If people aren't in the list, it's probably because they joined less than 2-3 months ago.

According to the site staff, it's not known whether the code to log the passwords was put there by an ex-staff member or by a hacker. Either way, it was added nearly a year ago.

And for all of yous wondering/complaining why the site doesn't use the standard MD5 hashes in TBSource or store passwords as hashes, it does. This list was generated by malicious code logging everything entered on the login page.

8. BitTorrent   -   #78
    Should I delete my BitHDTV account?

9. BitTorrent   -   #79
    muyoso's Avatar The Avatar Stays.
    No, I joined less than a month ago and I am on the list. The list was still being added to up until july 27th. The list was formed basically by snooping EVERYTIME someone logged in, and writing their login info to a txt file before it was encrypted. There are several logins from the same people on the list which is evidence of this. Also, the list needs to be made REAL public, so that people know to change their shit.

10. BitTorrent   -   #80
    Quote Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
    No, I joined less than a month ago and I am on the list. The list was still being added to up until july 27th. The list was formed basically by snooping EVERYTIME someone logged in, and writing their login info to a txt file before it was encrypted. There are several logins from the same people on the list which is evidence of this. Also, the list needs to be made REAL public, so that people know to change their shit.
    Agreed... I'm a member and I want to know if my shit got out there...

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast