Thread: Video Editing Software

Anti-Trader Inc. BT Rep: +5
    Hi guys,
    I'm a budding webmaster and want to use youtube and other video sharing sites to build traffic to my websites.

I'm planning to do compilations and stuff, so I'll download from dailymotion, youtube, etc, edit them and re-upload.

I'll need a video editing software for that which can work directly with .flv files, add some special effects, watermarks, credits, etc and is not too difficult to learn.(something better than windows movie maker.)

I've heard good things about sony vegas and adobe after effects, so what do you guys recommend?

Thanks,
    AnIons
    Last edited by anions; 08-15-2007 at 06:52 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Sony Vegas or Windows Movie Maker are good and not too easy. Sony Vegas obviously being better with much more features. I don't know of any video editor that works directly with flash video tho so everybody converts the video to DivX "AVI" or something before editing and saving as DivX again. I use Total Video Converter to convert YouTube vids and get good results. If I use Riva FLV Converter I get less good results usually with pixelation and bad sound.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    So you reckon Windows movie maker is good enough for professional websites(I've used it only once or twice to add music to home videos - and it was too slow IMO)

Even if the software is a tad difficult to learn, I'm prepared to put in the effort to learn it's intricacies.

Thanks for the help, appreciated

Edit:

I used total video converter converted a .lfv file to .avi and then back to .flv.
    Ultimately, the 5 mb .flv was converted into an 11mb .flv

Which means that converting from .avi to .flv more than doubles the file size. Is this true for all converters.

pardon me if I may sound like a n00b but I'm not used to converting video formats and suchlike.
    Last edited by anions; 08-15-2007 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    yep all do it

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Alright then.
    Downloading Sony Vegas now. Lets see how it goes.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Edit: I'm using Sony Vegas and would recommend it to anyone who wants to work with videos.

Thanks for the help Killuminati, much appreciated