Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doesn't it suck when a rented DVD wont burn !

Hi Guys

I have been burning a few rented videos and sometimes get one that will not burn as it is dirty, scratched, or cracked.

You can hardly go back to the store and say "I want another one as I could not copy this one !"

I have had a bit of success cleaning them with isopropol alcohol.

I usually use DVDDecrypter and that craps out after 30 re-try's.

I have had a bit of success with Ripit4me as that seems to rip the file ignoring some bad areas.

What do you think ?

Regards

Digby
    Last edited by digmen1; 08-16-2007 at 08:37 PM. Reason: addition

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Try using anydvd with ultra ISO Iv never had a prob.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    "RipIt4Me is a freeware utility that helps you backup your copy protected DVDs. Recently released DVDs are now very often equipped with stronger copy protections - such as ARccOS and RipGuard DVD. Programs like DVD Shrink or DVD Decrypter cannot handle these types of discs. RipIt4Me is fully automated and the wizard will guide you through all the necessary steps involved. If you prefer, there is also a true "1-Click" mode that will perform all the involved steps automatically for you..."

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    AmpeD's Avatar the o'lol factor BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    ripit for me is what I use. or you can add a scatch and take it back saying ot wouldnt play when I got it

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    No Trades BT Rep: +3
    ya ripitfor me shuld do your job

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Digmen1 , your kidding right ? Last time I rented a vid ,I had a Betamax machine .

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Well up till now I have just got the odd clip off p2p programs.

But lately I have been renting movies I really like and ripping them to my hard drive so I can see them in high res. (and backup a copy to play in my DVD player)

Kind Regards

Digby

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by digmen1 View Post
    Well up till now I have just got the odd clip off p2p programs.

But lately I have been renting movies I really like and ripping them to my hard drive so I can see them in high res. (and backup a copy to play in my DVD player)

Kind Regards

Digby

Oh good what program do you recommend ? My self I hate waiting for DvD rips as I won't watch a cam or TST . I never pay for or rent movies so have gained a sense of patenice for D/L's .

Un like you tho I see them way before they come to dvd unless its the straight to dvd , then its quicker .

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Looks like you've got me Peat Moss Well I mus admit that I do not have a program to watch my rips on, I usually just fire them up with VLC and watch a VOB at a time. This suits me as its only 20 minutes or so a nice break in between "work".

I use my valuable downloading time for other types of data (music videos, celeb pics and the odd pron vid)

Kind Regards

Digby

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    I Run It
    to tell you the truth thats never happened, sometimes just in case i run some cologne and wipe it clean, and use dvddecrypter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast