Thread: When it rains it pours...

newcster68's Avatar Taxicab Co. Owner
    Or should I say trouble always comes in pairs.

I was driving my car/taxi cab last night downtown when a police officer pulled me over. Couldn't figure out why because I hadn't done anything wrong. Come to find out that the officer told me by running my tag it came up saying my license was suspended. I was SHOCKED and confused and told the officer that no way in hell.

The officer told me it was suspended because of unpaid court costs which happened over a year ago. I got a ticket (bullshit ticket) for failure to slow down approaching a emergency vehicle. So I got a lawyer and paid him $250 to handle the ticket. Which he did and got a prayer for judgment on my ticket.

What the lawyer screwed me on was that he took my money and didn't tell me that it did'nt include covering the court cost. So, 4 months ago they state decides to suspend my license without notifying me or sending me a notice through the mail. Not more than 3 weeks ago I started another year contract with my insurance company and they didn't even tell me my license was suspended, which leads me to believe they are not doing their job when it comes to checking my record.

To make a long story short, I had to pay $110 for the court cost and an additional $110.00 to reinstate my license. This left me almost broke but I thought no problem because I can go out and work tonight and make the money back.

So, here I am about 3 1/2 hours ago and I leave my house to pick up one of my regulars which pays $40 for the ride. "GREAT" gonna start off the night with a good trip. I then see I need to get gas in my car cause I'm on empty. I then drive about 3/4 mile down the street to the gas station and put about 7 gallons of gas. Go to start my car and it starts to idle really bad and I see my check engine light start to flash off and on. I drive my car down to Advanced Auto Parts to get a OBII Test and find out that it says P305 Misfire on Cylinder 5. Do a check on that and it says possible bad spark plug or spark plug wire OR Coil. WTF, now I cant work tonight and now I need to beg my boss for a loan to get my car fixed. Im hoping that it isnt anything major and I just need to change the spark plugs and wires. Which I can't understand how they went bad that quick considering I did a complete tuneup about 7 months ago.

SIGH! Sometimes I hate my life...
    Last edited by newcster68; 08-17-2007 at 03:39 AM.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Sucks.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

3. Lounge   -   #3
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    that's bad but things will be better soon

For Serving Community

4. Lounge   -   #4
    So, here I am about 3 1/2 hours ago and I leave my house to pick up one of my regulars which pays $40 for the ride. "GREAT" gonna start off the night with a good trip. I then see I need to get gas in my car cause I'm on empty. I then drive about 3/4 mile down the street to the gas station and put about 7 gallons of gas. Go to start my car and it starts to idle really bad and I see my check engine light start to flash off and on. I drive my car down to Advanced Auto Parts to get a OBII Test and find out that it says P305 Misfire on Cylinder 5. Do a check on that and it says possible bad spark plug or spark plug wire OR Coil. WTF, now I cant work tonight and now I need to beg my boss for a loan to get my car fixed. Im hoping that it isnt anything major and I just need to change the spark plugs and wires. Which I can't understand how they went bad that quick considering I did a complete tuneup about 7 months ago.

SIGH! Sometimes I hate my life...
    Well, had my mechanic just come by and he popped the hood did a 2 minute test and told me it was my #2 coil pack which went bad. Went to the auto parts store bought a new one for $22 and he installed it in less the 2 minutes. My car runs and purrs like a kitten again.

Life back to normal .....

5. Lounge   -   #5
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Congrats.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Sucks not so much now.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    spark plug takes like 5 mins to change
    Now go away.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    spark plug takes like 5 mins to change

uuum not in a chevrolet impala... 3 front are easy but the ones in the back are a biatch!