Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Retarded Society

chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Ireland is no longer a warzone. Yay!! Unification looms (though don't tell the prods that). Big Ian has started buying his clerical apparel from a sub-border source. Glasnost was never this good.

When I was a sprog, the only time we had the exotic luxury of seeing a black person, was when he sported an automatic rifle and camoflage. The doors have now swung wide and we are becoming a multicultural society. Ireland used to be a place to leave, not to arrive at.

So we are all now united against a common enemy. We need to fill the hatred void and the foreigners are complying handsomely. We have become England in the 50's. That's how retarded our society really is.

I fear we'll be playing catch-up forever. This is not to say that racism isn't prevalent everywhere else. Ours is a unique racism, born out of our habit for hatred. It's nothing personal: We'd find some other outlet if being non-Irish wasn't so damn convenient.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    An interesting observation.

Are you talking about north and south? With some extreme exceptions I have always found the Irish to be very friendly and welcoming. I guess as you suggest something to fill the void left by the waning "self hatred" is being sought.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    An interesting observation.

Are you talking about north and south? With some extreme exceptions I have always found the Irish to be very friendly and welcoming. I guess as you suggest something to fill the void left by the waning "self hatred" is being sought.
    When were you last in Ireland vid, things may have changed a bit.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post

When were you last in Ireland vid, things may have changed a bit.
    I have no doubt they have, other than quick stops, its been about 15 years.

However my opinion isn't just based on experience on their turf. Perhaps it may be another example for my travel thread, but I have yet to meet a born and bred Irishman outside Ireland that was anything other than a thoroughly top notch person.

Mind you I will say that it helps to have a sense of humor around them.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post
    Ireland is no longer a warzone. Yay!! Unification looms (though don't tell the prods that). Big Ian has started buying his clerical apparel from a sub-border source. Glasnost was never this good.

When I was a sprog, the only time we had the exotic luxury of seeing a black person, was when he sported an automatic rifle and camoflage. The doors have now swung wide and we are becoming a multicultural society. Ireland used to be a place to leave, not to arrive at.

So we are all now united against a common enemy. We need to fill the hatred void and the foreigners are complying handsomely. We have become England in the 50's. That's how retarded our society really is.

I fear we'll be playing catch-up forever. This is not to say that racism isn't prevalent everywhere else. Ours is a unique racism, born out of our habit for hatred. It's nothing personal: We'd find some other outlet if being non-Irish wasn't so damn convenient.
    There was a time when the first question would have been "are you protestant muslim or a catholic muslim" so progress has been made...of sorts.

Britain in the 60s was fun so you have good times to come non?
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I don't know about the north but in the south an Englishman is about as welcome as a fart in a space suit.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    I don't know about the north but in the south an Englishman is about as welcome as a fart in a space suit.
    Good one!

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    LaPistola's Avatar about BT Rep: +2
    hahaha had to quote that in my sig its golden

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Are you really the big yin boab?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    That's slightly unfair

I lived in Dublin for 18 months, and was made to feel very welcome during my time there. :guinesssm

Admittedly, Dublin is a totally different world to other parts of Ireland, the Atlantic coast for instance.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast