Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone want to split a seedbox

Hey, I wanted to know if anyone wants to split a seedbox. Basically, I can afford a 60-75$ server payment per month and if someone else could to, we could get a really nice 120-140$ server rather than just a shitty 60$ one. If you're interested, PM me and we can talk.

Looking LeaseWeb and Vectoral for right now.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    necromantic's Avatar ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I've thought about splitting on a leaseweb box as well, but won't we both be trying to seed on the same sites? Wouldn't that show up as a dupe account on most trackers? Also, how would we share the bandwidth evenly? We would have to switch ownership week by week to be fair IMO.

If you have any ideas or tips on the logistics of sharing a seedbox I'd love to hear them.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    couldnt you use 2 ips and 2 user accounts so you could use simultaneously

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Okay, say if you have 3 TB of bandwidth, you both get 1500 each. Now, I have had a seedbox with windows previously and we just ran 2 UTorrents for each of us and it showed the total bandwidth in UTorrent (bottom right hand corner). Also , if you use the same sites, it shouldn't be a problem if you let the admins know or it isnt a problem at all peroid. FTN may be one of the few sites where you tell an admin that you're sharing a seedbox. Sites like ScT, TL,BitmeTV dont really care. As for other rare sites like exigo, I am not in them so i do know.

As for ownership, It wouldn't matter to me who pays for it as long as I know i can trust the person and within the first month, I should know if I can trust this person or not.

Edit: that guy probably has a better idea than me who just posted. I am sure there are alot of ways to do it.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by haydeno View Post
    couldnt you use 2 ips and 2 user accounts so you could use simultaneously
    Hmm, that could work.

The only other problems would be splitting bandwidth and hard drive storage. If one guy's buffering his RevTT account and the other is trying to pad his FTN, the bandwidth is not going to be split up very evenly.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Both of the users just need to compromise.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    multi-ip seedbox tutorial :
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-gui...-server-202587

and for the bandwith, just reset the each utorrent instance stats each month and you will have a good idea of the splitting

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Interresting, that answered a lot of questions.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    jam0980tr's Avatar jam cakes mmm Lovely
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    multi-ip seedbox tutorial :
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-gui...-server-202587

and for the bandwith, just reset the each utorrent instance stats each month and you will have a good idea of the splitting
    can you get me the windows tip how set it up
    Down-Speed Up-Speed
    Proud 2 Be a Member Of 0sec Tmp3

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    or get an unlimited bandwidth seedbox and and just share it week on - week off.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast