4 3.51%
  • lost all my accounts

2 1.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: affected by the bithdtv leak

Quote Originally Posted by tintin123 View Post
    lucky for me i have made friends on all my trackers

anything happens then i can hola at my friends and they can get me back in or at the very worst i can account share!
    lucky basturd will u be my friend?

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #22
    hangemhigh's Avatar semi retired BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    bit-hdtv is dead to me.....
    http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=146759&dateline=1186088996

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #23
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    My name was on the list but no one took any of my accounts luckily.Like the other guys said it shocked me into action and i was changing passwords for a good hour if not more.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #24
    Green Goblin's Avatar who gives a f*** BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin
    i am still confused why you haven't tried to get them back, i am sure if you jumped on irc and told them the deal they would give them back to you.
    just a warning, a lot of trackers have given warning to all of their users to change their password because of the bit-hdtv leak; some trackers might be unforgiving if you lost your account because of that leak

c'mon thor the first i knew about the leak and prob the same for many others, was when some wankers here, were giving away accounts, and that was hours before i saw it on any of my trackers.
    i'm sure if you could prove you were the original owner they would have no worries giving the account back.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #25
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    and how you can prove that?
    the one who hacked your account will change the password the email address and reset the passkey
    now what you have left is the user name and the ratio and if you don't have someone to confirm you are the owner no one will believe you

For Serving Community

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #26
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    thank you sam, that was my point all along

and by the way, who really has 10 bit-hdtv accounts?

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #27
    necromantic's Avatar ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Well, the most obvious place to look is the ip. If you were using the same ip for a month then the ip, email, passkey were all changed. You go on the site and say your account was stolen. Your username/password were also on the bitHDTV list. If you still have the original ip chances are very good you will get your account back.

The key is that you must have been on the list and you must have lost your account just after the list went public. Admins and staff are mostly smart guys, give them a little credit.
    Last edited by necromantic; 08-20-2007 at 04:49 AM.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #28
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    it would also help if you still had the account registry confirmation e-mail, too

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #29
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post
    it would also help if you still had the account registry confirmation e-mail, too
    that's a good point

For Serving Community

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #30
    AirStrike's Avatar Member BT Rep: +3
    not affected

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast