Thread: Trouble with my DVD Burner

I have a software called dvdSanta. What it does is that it takes the AVI, MPG, or whatever type of video file you have and it converts it into DVD files and then burns them onto a DVD. Fortuneately it converts the video file into DVD files, right. Unfortunately, it won't read my DVD drive when I insert a blank DVD+R or DVD+RW. Whenever I try to burn the DVD files to a DVD blank, I get this message: No DVD +-R/RW Drive Found!

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here? please?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Are you sure that your DVD Burner's drvers are installed properly?

If yes, then try reinstalling
    DVD Santa again.

Also, I think
    ConvertXToDVD is much better and faster than DVD Santa.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I just re-installed it, and I think that it's working now. Thanks.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    v0thanhtam's Avatar Mr. & Mrs. Vő
    Quote Originally Posted by fstrulz View Post

Also, I think
    They both lose quality when converting to DVD. I am using DIKO + DVDLab Pro, it produces much better quality.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    fstrulz is absolutely right the best software available for what you need to do is ConvertXtodvd so give that a try and see what happens.For us noobs anyway and the quality seems to be pretty good as long as the ones you start with are good.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by v0thanhtam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fstrulz View Post

Also, I think
    They both lose quality when converting to DVD. I am using DIKO + DVDLab Pro, it produces much better quality.

Never heard of either of them , I'm using Vso's program but at the slowest speed possible . I seem to run in to Dvd drive problems every 2 months or so and I just run 1 click maintenance (Tuneup 2007) to clear up the active x and nero errors . Rarely do I have to reinstall burning software .

It has to be one of the most frustrating computer problems tho as everything else seems to work fine .

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    rediculed BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    convert x to dvd is a great prog if you just want to do a quick conversion. however i usually use cce with a avs script in 2 pass vbr mode (actually does 3 passes 2 encode and video info pass) to convert the video and demux the audio. then load the audio in audition and adjust the gain and encode to ac3. then use dvd lab. this route while longer seems to give me better video quality as well ensures the audio is loud enough (for some reason convert x makes the audio very hard to hear.) at least for me.

invite always be free. no trades. remember sharing is caring.
    bt rep should be abolished.
    life is about choices and consequences. you make your choices but remember only you have yourself to blame when you realize the consequences. personal experience taught me that.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by enviouz View Post
    convert x to dvd is a great prog if you just want to do a quick conversion. however i usually use cce with a avs script in 2 pass vbr mode (actually does 3 passes 2 encode and video info pass) to convert the video and demux the audio. then load the audio in audition and adjust the gain and encode to ac3. then use dvd lab. this route while longer seems to give me better video quality as well ensures the audio is loud enough (for some reason convert x makes the audio very hard to hear.) at least for me.

+1
    If you want it fast -> convertXtodvd
    If you want it good -> DVD Lab

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by enviouz View Post

Any time you convert mp3 or wav audio to ac3 the volume goes down considerably. Its not the converter but the ac3 itself. When I download any avi I first check it with gspot, and if I see vbr audio I use Virtual Dub Mod Aud-X Enabled (the ac3 version) to first convert the audio to uncompressed pcm and then to ac3 with a 246% volume boost at the same bitrate as the original. All the time I keep the video section in Direct Stream mode so no encoding of the video stream takes place at all.

I do this for two reasons, one is vbr audio has a tendency to go out of sync when converting to dvd and the 246% boost in volume makes an ac3 audio equivalent to mp3 or wav in volume. The resulting avi is extremely convertable no matter what app you use. Because the Video is kept in Direct Stream Mode no quality is lost during conversion,and even if I am making several passes on the audio I don't worry because audio doesn't loose quality at the same rate as video.

Google "Virtual Dub Mod Aud-X Enabled" its a very versital and useful video tool for your arsenal and its free. It also opens MKV and OGM files as well as VOB's.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    rediculed BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    thank you appzalien. ill give that a try. would def cut down on the encoding time substantialy as using cce to do just the vid takes approx 3 hrs.

invite always be free. no trades. remember sharing is caring.
    bt rep should be abolished.
    life is about choices and consequences. you make your choices but remember only you have yourself to blame when you realize the consequences. personal experience taught me that.