Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: foul language

Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    I recently told someone at work that I didn't understand why people with depression don't just shut up about it and get on with it without trying to make the rest of us 'understand'......then found out her mother is a schizophrenic and she is a manic depressive.
    Something similar:

Every day I find myself conversing at length with people over wide-ranging topics, and happened into a chat the other day with a fellow who was about to change jobs for a significantly more friendly insurance situation, for which he was especially thankful, owing to his own medication regimen.

I and my wife both have a moderate drug schedule, so I nonchalantly asked what drugs he was taking, and for what ailment.

He replied he was a paranoid schizophrenic with a variety of comingling secondary neuroses, which he rattled off so quickly I got the impression he'd practiced just for me.

I was almost mortified before I realized he hadn't taken any offense at all, and we commenced to have a very informative conversation about mental illness.

The upshot is, I guess, a lack of inhibition is sometimes of singular benefit.
    A bit of a case of 'share, don't scare' shurely? Now that sounds like a man used to talking about himself!

Seriously though, most people have no problem at all with honesty if it's coming from the right place. Most people know you don't know their lives or situations...it's only the oversensitive types who seem to enjoy being offended who will take issue with honest dialogue. Others will usually engage you and you'll probably learn something from it.......or they might run away crying. It's a bit of a lucky dip .

2. The Drawing Room   -   #82
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    No I think you need to look it up. You don't have to call someone a hypocrite to call someone a hypocrite. I didn't say hypocrisy. You'll find that if you look up the word, however, that they are related.

You argue semantics regarding Americanisms. Substitute some fucked up curse words from bratland then.

It's nice that you haven't done drugs of any kid besides the alki....

Been watching the movie I Come In Peace?
    I'm not sure what any of that means.
    I bet.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #83
    Living on the edge BT Rep: +4
    people think that if they speak foul language the others will give them more attention and thats their way of getting popularity here

4. The Drawing Room   -   #84
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Some
    Quote Originally Posted by dave12 View Post
    people think that if they speak foul language the others will give them more attention and thats their way of getting popularity here
    :fixed
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789