Thread: help w/ "not enough space" message

bosse de nage's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    i'm getting this message in utorrent.."not enough space on disk" but there is enough. anyone know what the deal is?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    sounds like you have uploaded too much. Tehre is not enough free space on your harddrive to support the full download of all the files you are trying to get.

On our computer, go to my computer and check how much space is left on your primary harddrive. If it has drifted to the single digits, it's time to cut out some files. Hopefully you won't get zapped for HnR's.

Best to have this happen to you just once!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Assuming that you do have enough space on your hd it could be your version of UTorrent if your trying to download a pack over 100g older versions, 1.6.1 for example, can come up with an error similar to that. I've never had it happen to me but apparently it's one of the bugs fixed in 1.7.2 though without more information it's hard to determine your problem.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    bosse de nage's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    just got utorrent...newest version

some things are downloading fine and some things have that message. i can't figure it out.
    Last edited by bosse de nage; 08-21-2007 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Well if your hard drive has enough free space and it is a bug you could try rolling back to 1.6.1 or the UTorrent forums personally I would just use 1.6.1 I don't trust the new one not to have any problems yet.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    How's your hard drive formatted - FAT or NTFS. If its FAT then that's the problem as it won't download any file larger than 4GB. Only option if you want to download large files is to reformat to NTFS,

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Yea, simply convert fat32 to NTFS. Only takes a few secs.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Im personally thinking its more a space issue. Even though it says your dl a 4 gig file if your downloading other files still that it has reserved for them... adding a new file sometimes give you a full message cause it has somewhat reserved that space.

How much free space do you acctually have?
    Also how large is the file your trying to download?

P.S. I dont think the fat32 would be the cause for this unless he/she is dl a SINGLE file over 4 gigs. Most files that size would be split into rar format thus making it more than 1 file.