Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Flame Has Gone Out Under The Melting Pot

Originally posted by j2k4+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>At last I have discerned your modus operandi:

You don&#39;t suffer the restraints of partisonship, [/b]

My beliefs are not partisan. For example Bush has just sent troops to Liberia, that imho is a good thing. If I were partisan I would be against that just because its Bush, yes?

Originally posted by j2k4@

so in any debate into which you insinuate yourself you automatically are accorded the presumptive high-ground and superior forward, rear, and flanking position.
    No. That is your assumption based on personal dislike. Get over it j2k4, your coming across as more than a little childish.

<!--QuoteBegin-j2k4

From here on, then, whenever we see your avitar, we should all immediately divest ourselves of our best arguments and give you a great big salaam, yes?
    [/quote]

1, You should ignore the avitar and focus on the content of the post. This is your problem. Every thread that involves me and you seems to degenerate into a personal battle with you throwing wild accusations around.

2, You should stick to the topic at hand, which you rarely do. You still havent talked about that authors material in this thread and now we are lost in the fog of "j2k4 vs EBP". All references to the inital topic are long gone. Why do you consistently go OT when people disagree with you? Is it to draw attention away from the fact that you cant even defend a view in a thread you started yourself?

Defend your views, stick to the topic, or get out of town.

I&#39;m sure I&#39;m not the only person who&#39;s sick of reading your &#39;poison posts&#39;.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Poster
    It&#39;s all just eloquent (if that&#39;s the word) thread hijacking.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by JPaul@3 July 2003 - 10:39
    It&#39;s all just eloquent (if that&#39;s the word) thread hijacking.
    JPaul-Uh, thanks, I think.

EBP-so you think this international "town" isn&#39;t large enough for the two of us?

Awful BIG of you to say so.

I think I&#39;ve behaved splendidly during our contretemps, though if you think otherwise, I&#39;d be willing to let my fellow members settle the question.

What say you?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Originally posted by j2k4+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>EBP-so you think this international "town" isn&#39;t large enough for the two of us?
    [/b]

Read what I said again I gave you an ultimatum, stick to the topic and stop posting poison or piss off. Whether you accept that or not is up to you.

Originally posted by j2k4@
    I think I&#39;ve behaved splendidly during our contretemps
    Hey I didnt know you were a comedian too&#33;

Show me one example in this thread of you behaving "splendidly". btw I define "splendidly", in this context, as sticking to the topic. Personal attacks dont cut it

<!--QuoteBegin-j2k4

I&#39;d be willing to let my fellow members settle the question.

What say you?
    [/quote]

What&#33;&#33;&#33; And validate your lame attempts at getting this thread OT as quickly as possible and making sure it stays OT forever more....? Tempting.. but no

If you cannot bring yourself to post an on-topic reply I will not be participating in this thread any longer. So go for it BIG man. You&#39;ve got one free cheap shot which I wont be lowering myself to reply to. Use it well and remember to behave "splendidly" whatever that means in your twisted definition of things.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    EBP,
    Doesn&#39;t the idea of issuing a ultimatum in cyberspace strike you as faintly ludicrous? I mean really, running around pissing on digital trees to mark territory doesn&#39;t really work in here, does it?

EBP and J2,
    This thread and the one concerning "US witholds Aid..." both violate what I would like to designate &#39;Hobbes Law&#39; regarding the best way to initiate a topic (yes Evil, I know you didn&#39;t start the second one, but you did jump right in ) i.e.-"Don&#39;t begin a thread by simply throwing a news article up in the air and see who responds".

Both of these threads began with articles written by someone other than the postee. Both began without an explanation by the poster as to why he/she thought it was important/relevant/ worth our time to discuss.

They were both the equivalent of tossing a stink bomb into a crowd and then ambushing those fleeing.

I would point to the thread on abortion as a model for a properly executed discussion.

Not to get prissy about it as I will no doubt stoop to my usual low tactics given the proper opportunity, but I don&#39;t think that this particular thread is worthy of either of your efforts.
    Save the vitriol for something meatier.

Upon a reread, I seem to be channeling Jimmy Carter here....
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Originally posted by clocker
    Doesn&#39;t the idea of issuing a ultimatum in cyberspace strike you as faintly ludicrous? I mean really, running around pissing on digital trees to mark territory doesn&#39;t really work in here, does it?
    Its not a matter of pissing on digital trees or marking territory.

That ultimatum was a symptom of my frustration with j2k4s refusal to stick to a topic he started, and his determination to make sure this thread consists of nothing but personal attacks and OT rubbish.

Perhaps I shouldnt be so quick to defend myself but it&#39;s pretty understandable given the provocation.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Poster
    Just call him "smelly, smelly, smell smell".

That will settle the bar stewards hash.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    I will continue my off-topic ways to say this:

I take this opportunity to render my most humble apologies to evilbagpuss and the rest of my board colleagues for my errant behavior in this and other threads in the forum.

I generally try to maintain a higher standard than I have exhibited the past couple of weeks.

I will re-dedicate myself to the attainment of that goal.

My regards to all.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Can we talk about "boobies", now?
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Originally posted by hobbes@3 July 2003 - 22:30
    Can we talk about "boobies", now?
    Sure..... to the lounge with you, sir&#33;

-Mark Twain

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast