Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hoops Financial Results

Chip Monk's Avatar Darth Monk Like.
    Just released results of a £15,000,000 profit over the last year. Probably the best results the club has ever had.

A further £8,000,000 invested in the new football academy.

Debt now below £5,000,000.

Peter Lawwell really has been a fantastic acquisition as Chief Executive.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    That's actually including the money which was paid for Scott Brown, Massimo Donatti (sp) etc. So the £15,000,000 is after all transfer dealings, investment in the academy etc.

It really is exceptional given that we trade in such a tiny league.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Mrs Chalice went to school with Neil Lennon. They were in the same class in secondary school. Says he's one of the nicest blokes you're ever likely to meet.

Apparently he's got a bi-polar condition. I would too if I played for Northern Ireland.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post
    Mrs Chalice went to school with Neil Lennon. They were in the same class in secondary school. Says he's one of the nicest blokes you're ever likely to meet.

Apparently he's got a bi-polar condition. I would too if I played for Northern Ireland.
    I've got the signed autobiography and so forth obviously.

I think Martin O'Neill really liked Lennon. He certainly moved him from club to club with him and you could see how he dealt with other people where Lennon was concerned. Putting his arm round his shoulder when he was getting pelters from the opposition and that sort of thing.

I know Lennon was his man on the park, being the captain and all, however I think it went much deeper than that. St Martin was probably one of the few people who could understand Lennon. Being a footballer, from the North, being in the spotlight.

Certainly anyone I know who has met him said he was really nice. Did you know that he made a video for Barry Ferguson's birthday, with him looking about Ferguson's house and lying on his settee that type of thing. Ferguson's wife let him make it and they played it at a birthday party, without showing his face to start with. I can't remember the exact details but it was along those lines.

He's always struck me as a whole hearted player, it's a bit of a pity the way he was treated by the international support, or (at least hopefully) a small section of them.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Yup. He was/is great mates with Gerry Taggart of (most notably) Leicester City fame. He was in the same class too.

She says Gerry (known then as Gerardy) was a great champion of the bullied in school. I wouldn't be starting any fistcuffs with him. Big bugger that he is.

I remember a few years back there was a regional cookery show in N Ireland with Paul Rankin (wankin'). He went to Neil's house and cooked for him and Gerry and their ladies.

I wouldn't let Paul Rankin past my front door. He wrecks my head no end.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    I think Rankin is OK, he comes across all happy and very enthusiastic about cooking.

He was on one of those TV shows and he cooked an Ulster Fry. It was about 1/4 of the size of any I have ever eaten.

How come Ireland isn't full of really fat bastards btw, with all the fried breakfasts and a million kinds of tatties.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip Monk View Post
    I think Rankin is OK, he comes across all happy and very enthusiastic about cooking.

He was on one of those TV shows and he cooked an Ulster Fry. It was about 1/4 of the size of any I have ever eaten.

How come Ireland isn't full of really fat bastards btw, with all the fried breakfasts and a million kinds of tatties.
    N Ireland has one of the biggest heart disease rates in the world. They're giving out muesli on the national health.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    Friends for Dinner has just started, with Paul Rankin as the guest Chef. True Story.

That's just a wee bit spooky, so it is.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Sextent's Avatar Version Five

Double irony, it's a vegetarian dinner party.

I'm really quite scared now. Is this some kind of Irish witchcraft, Chalice.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sextent View Post
    Friends for Dinner has just started, with Paul Rankin as the guest Chef. True Story.

That's just a wee bit spooky, so it is.
    :Rod Serling strolls into shot, smoking a Turkish cigarette.

Paul's wife is a bit of a junkie, I hear.

He has bistros littered all over the province. Costs you an arm and a leg for a buttered muffin.

Get!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast