Thread: Do I Need This Java?

Question Mark

Please look at attachment....Ive got thos 4 Java's in my Add/Remove....Do i need all for or just the letest one???Just want to save space if some could be unistalled??

Any help?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    muyoso's Avatar The Avatar Stays.
    Do you run any apps that use Java? Do you use azureus? I would just leave them alone.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
    Do you run any apps that use Java? Do you use azureus? I would just leave them alone.
    Yer i do use Azureus, hmmm yer probs leave them then, just wanted to save space if all wasnt nedded lol.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    If you're desperate to save space then you could remove java altogether and move to µtorrent instead.
    I don't have java installed at all. Horrible crap, it is.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    muyoso's Avatar The Avatar Stays.
    Java is a piece of shit, but sadly I use a couple applications which require it. If I could, I would remove ti from my computer.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    raspberry1331's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    well, you can uninstall everything and install the newest, then you will definitely have only one. other that that, i guess you can safely remove the two with version 5.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    You can remove all four of them, since they are merely Updaters. you can update java manually.
    I suggest you uninstall both (all) the versions you have and install the latest from sun java
    (then remove the updater via msconfig or a startup controller)
    having four things which do the same seems pretty useless to me.
    Time to refresh.

edit: i did not read raspberry1331's post until after. and agree

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    You can remove all four of them, since they are merely Updaters. you can update java manually.
    I suggest you uninstall both (all) the versions you have and install the latest from sun java
    (then remove the updater via msconfig or a startup controller)
    having four things which do the same seems pretty useless to me.
    Time to refresh.

edit: i did not read raspberry1331's post until after. and agree
    An updater using 130+MB - don't be ridiculous. They are all distinct versions, but only the latest version will be active.

However, I agree about uninstalling all but the latest. It's a shame that Sun can't make a proper installer which replaces the old version instead of leaving all the old crap lying around.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.