Thread: hosting-ie + ftp.. downloading to my home pc.

McLovin's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    when I seed on utorrent I've got speeds up to 5mb/sec

however when I'm downloading via WS_FTP PRO from my seedbox I only get around 200kb/sec

this is ok, but I could get up to 600-700kb/sec when download torrents on my computer before.

do you know if it's limiting it somehow? and how to fix it?

the FTP Program I'm using on my seedbox is called: FileZilla

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    I'm back! :o BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Server downloads are always slow through FTP for me too. The only solution i found was to set uTorrent to save to:

var/www/html

Within the server which will then become your main site page.

www.Site_URL.com

I would suggest putting a blank index.html file in that directory so it gives a blank file and not the list of files for others to see.

When you have all that set, Say, for example, You download Microsoft.windows.xp.SP2 and its a folder. You would go to:

www.Site_URL.com/Microsoft.windows.xp.SP2

There it would list all the files from that torrent. Now you download DAP and while in the torrent folder, right click the page and select "download all with DAP" and it will be alot faster.

DAP uses 4 simultaneous connections, So will have 4 times the speed you have now pretty much. Just get the free 8.5 version of DAP, Its free unless you want the premium copy which would have 10 connection, Which you wouldnt really need.

Hope this helps

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    that sounds pretty awesome.

I will try it out later.

thanks!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    how do I go about setting it up so I can access via the web.

I tried just creating the folders var/www .. and putting a file in there to see if i could access it, but it doesn't work.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    You shouldnt need to create the files, The filepath should be there.

What OS is the system using?
    Do you have root access?
    This is VPS right?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    nevermind, I got it working.

now I can't get dap to work correctly. I'm using firefox.. however when I try to download the files it says that the file cannot be found.

does DAP use some sort of proxy to connect to the file to download? because i only gave access to my IP to view the website of my seedbox.. if so is there a way to disable this?

..if not do you know of another program or firefox extension so i can download file/files inside of a dir.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    I dont think it uses a proxy, But why do you block access accept for your ip?

Its not like people are gonna find your files anyway if you have a blank index page there, If your so concious, Try putting them in a second directory within the file path. Remember to blank html that directory too though

All i have ever done with mine is add the blank index. I dont spread the URL around, so the chance of gettings to it are minimal anyway

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    hosting-ie have a speed cap on each ftp session it is 5mbit too speed it up open another session and you get 10mbit and so on