Thread: Moose aren't humans, so it doesn't count...

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    ...so nothing can be done, I guess.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...501145,00.html
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Great, now when i fart, i have to feel guilty for destroying the planet.

Norwegian news will sensationalize anything, and as stated Cows pose the same problem (more...).

there are more cows than moo*se

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I am willing to bet that there is more methane emitted from the holder(s) of a computer moose.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    lynx's Avatar .
    Norway has some 120,000 moose but an estimated 35,000 are expected to be killed in this year's moose hunting season, which starts on September 25, Norwegian newspaper VG reported.
    That should help, but are they like trees and oxygen - the young ones give out proportionately more than the old ones?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    The poor old Scandinavian moose is now being blamed for climate change, with researchers in Norway claiming that a grown moose can produce 2,100 kilos of methane a year -- equivalent to the CO2 output resulting from a 13,000 kilometer car journey.
    I don't understand that, surely methane is made up of carbon and hydrogen. CH4 if memory serves, not CO2

The next paragraph says.

Norway is concerned that its national animal, the moose, is harming the climate by emitting an estimated 2,100 kilos of carbon dioxide a year through its belching and farting.
    At the very least it appears to be badly written.