Thread: How To Block People On Winmx Who Share Nothing

mnuismnu's Avatar Member
    Some people seem to think our network is a kind of a store a they just pick what they want without sharing anything!
    (and other considere our net as a schoolyard where one "trade"... Childish!)

You can help everybody getting rid of them by boycotting them that way:

You "browse" each uploading user.

** If he/she shares more than, say, a hundred files (and NOT in the WinMx directory only, putting them elsewhere and unshared when entirely downloaded !!!), OK.
    NB: a hundred is not a lot but 1- we don't all have a large HDD and some files are big 2- when you begin...!
    ** If not:

You can send a message to him/her to ask why there is no real share, or not at all, for they can have forgotten to do so: give them a chance! The first time, I didn't understand that I had to choose the shared files types, so I shared nothing, unwillingly. Somebody told it to me in a message.

If no answer and/or still no shared file, you can exclude the selfish beast:
    (Thanks to dwhite who gave the modus operandi on the WinMx net)

To block somebody from downloading, add the name to your HOTLIST (right-click the name then "Add to hotlist") then to your IGNORE list.

You won't receive any messages nor will they enter your queue, during that session at least.

On the contrary, you can help people who share a lot by starting the tranfer when they are in your queue, or give a higher bandwith priority...

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    DSLFreak's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Or you can install LeecHammer ant set it up to do it for you.

http://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/leechammer.html
    http://winmxworld.com/archive/LeecHammer/

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    Or you could just dump WinMX and start living in the real world.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mnuismnu View Post
    Some people seem to think our network is a kind of a store a they just pick what they want without sharing anything!
    (and other considere our net as a schoolyard where one "trade"... Childish!)

You can help everybody getting rid of them by boycotting them that way:

You "browse" each uploading user.

** If he/she shares more than, say, a hundred files (and NOT in the WinMx directory only, putting them elsewhere and unshared when entirely downloaded !!!), OK.
    NB: a hundred is not a lot but 1- we don't all have a large HDD and some files are big 2- when you begin...!
    ** If not:

You can send a message to him/her to ask why there is no real share, or not at all, for they can have forgotten to do so: give them a chance! The first time, I didn't understand that I had to choose the shared files types, so I shared nothing, unwillingly. Somebody told it to me in a message.

If no answer and/or still no shared file, you can exclude the selfish beast:
    (Thanks to dwhite who gave the modus operandi on the WinMx net)

To block somebody from downloading, add the name to your HOTLIST (right-click the name then "Add to hotlist") then to your IGNORE list.

You won't receive any messages nor will they enter your queue, during that session at least.

On the contrary, you can help people who share a lot by starting the tranfer when they are in your queue, or give a higher bandwith priority...
    About 75% of the users that log onto my network's servers use WinMx and what you are basically talking about is not sharing but barter.

...Users have to start somewhere and most servers that they log onto, have some minimum share requirements.. which means they will be kicked from the server if they do not reach that minimum within a certain time

So lets not start being Internet Police... just share without expecting something back in return...

That's what sharing actually means..

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    i dont know

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    are we in the 90's?
    its 2007 and you are using winmx
    Last edited by Gish; 08-28-2007 at 02:19 AM.