Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: U.s. Suspends Aid To 35 Countries Over New Icc

Originally posted by j2k4@3 July 2003 - 12:22
    I hereby laud a sterling example of what constitutes a worthwhile post; Hobbes-I salute you-you provide a lesson for us all.
    i agree. except for #6. no one called anyone a baby killer.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by myfiles3000+3 July 2003 - 06:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (myfiles3000 @ 3 July 2003 - 06:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@3 July 2003 - 12:22
    I hereby laud a sterling example of what constitutes a worthwhile post; Hobbes-I salute you-you provide a lesson for us all.
    i agree. except for #6. no one called anyone a baby killer. [/b][/quote]
    And you, myfiles, serve as an example of reasonability and decorum in the face of massive disagreement; you take exception with grace.

Would that others could do the same.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    My j2, you are awfully congenial this morning.

Did the snow finally melt up there?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    Originally posted by clocker@3 July 2003 - 07:23
    My j2, you are awfully congenial this morning.

Did the snow finally melt up there?
    Yes, I have a focus for my ire, and am gratified at the positive effect of this circumstance.

How are you this morning?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #45
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by j2k4@3 July 2003 - 06:30

Hunky dory, thanks.

Interesting that on this eve of a particularly American holiday, you should feel so Ire-ish...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. The Drawing Room   -   #46
    Originally posted by clocker+3 July 2003 - 08:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 3 July 2003 - 08:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@3 July 2003 - 06:30

Hunky dory, thanks.

Interesting that on this eve of a particularly American holiday, you should feel so Ire-ish... [/b][/quote]
    Quite.

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #47
    Originally posted by j2k4@3 July 2003 - 13:12
    And you, myfiles, serve as an example of reasonability and decorum in the face of massive disagreement; you take exception with grace.

and you, a gentleman among nobility. In fact, I think I did contribute to the problem with a few acerbic comments, so i won&#39;t be casting any stones (this time).

What i was hoping would emerge was a cogent, reasonably thought out defence of the bush admininistration&#39;s rejection of the ICC. Everyone&#39;s talking about the middle east right now, but this is just as significant historically in its own way.

As unsupportive of I am of bush and the Iraq invasion, I can see the potential for ultimate good: namely, a palestinian state, and of course one less dictator in the world (but its far too early to be so optimistic, especially on the second point).

In contrast, to reject a decades long process of global governance, initially spearheaded by the US I find much more troubling and ominous for diplomacy in the long-term.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #48
    Originally posted by myfiles3000+3 July 2003 - 09:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (myfiles3000 @ 3 July 2003 - 09:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@3 July 2003 - 13:12

and you, a gentleman among nobility. In fact, I think I did contribute to the problem with a few acerbic comments, so i won&#39;t be casting any stones (this time).

What i was hoping would emerge was a cogent, reasonably thought out defence of the bush admininistration&#39;s rejection of the ICC. Everyone&#39;s talking about the middle east right now, but this is just as significant historically in its own way.

As unsupportive of I am of bush and the Iraq invasion, I can see the potential for ultimate good: namely, a palestinian state, and of course one less dictator in the world (but its far too early to be so optimistic, especially on the second point).

In contrast, to reject a decades long process of global governance, initially spearheaded by the US I find much more troubling and ominous for diplomacy in the long-term. [/b][/quote]
    I am also a bit disconcerted, at the pace, at least, of current events.

I am mulling the I.C.C. question; while I agree it is theoretically a boon, I have difficulty sussing a survivable formulation: The current atmosphere would seem to militate against a universally acceptable charter; but on the other hand, worthwhile things never happen overnight.

I&#39;ll weigh in when I feel I have something coherent to say.

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #49
    Originally posted by j2k4+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Your name was undeniably absent from my post-you seem to have taken offence at this absence, and again are posting accusations of insults so as to be insulting yourself.[/b]

I see.. so you werent quoting me then?
    "We are all drunk and foaming at the mouth; we should forego posting until we&#39;re sober, and less hostile and insulting."

Or are you just getting down to some good old bare faced lying by insinuating that post wasnt related to me???

Btw that quote was directed at you and no-one else. So stop whining and twisting my words around to include clocker and others.

<!--QuoteBegin-j2k4

I am likewise "aces" at sticking with the subject.
    [/quote]

You mean like in the "The Flame Has Gone Out Under The Melting Pot" thread?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #50
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Its blackmail, pure and simple.

However I also agree, all countries do this, including the UK...not something im proud of. Only the US would hold a press conferense to TELL everyone they are blackmailing other countries though..most would try and keep it quiet.

OT

Shock And awe:

BTW, I am a Risk Master&#33;&#33;&nbsp;

Any time....I can play it over MSN

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345