Thread: What is the best windows lived disc?(bootdisc)

deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I'm looking for a bootable disc that will be able to run windows if something goes wrong with the windows that is installed on my system.Like if i accidentally deleted a file and my system won't boot up i would like to have a disc that will boot windows up and let me browse the internet and be able to fix whatever it is that i did wrong.Previously i had a geek squad disc that did this but after the first use when i tried it again it said that it wasn't good anymore.So could you guys give me some suggestions as to what is a good boot disc for this type of problem.I do have hirens boot disc but can't seem to find the program on there that does this type of thing if there even is one on there.Thanks for all the help i appreciate it a lot.

Also if there is a torrent site that you know of where i can find the boot disc that you mention go ahead and post it,Thanks again.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Microsoft's Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset - aka "ERD Commander 2007" - does what you need.

There may be other WinPE-based CDs that would do what you need with more features than MSDRT; I'd be interested in anything anyone else can recommend.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Thanks smiggy i'll definately check that one out.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    optimus_prime's Avatar Guardian BT Rep: +2
    well there were bartpe and ultimate boot cd, but haven't tried either for years...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Well after downloading a few different ones and booting them up just to check them out i found my favorite and it is one of the ones optimus_prime suggested. It's called WINDOWS ULTIMATE BOOT CD v 3.1.10A and is available on oink.Here is a link for those of you that have demonoid and would like to check it out. It's even a pretty fast download if you can believe it.
    http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1317478/5539720/

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    v0thanhtam's Avatar Mr. & Mrs. Vő
    Quote Originally Posted by deuce6000 View Post
    Like if i accidentally deleted a file and my system won't boot up i would like to have a disc that will boot windows up.
    I think Ghosting your machine is a better solution. Use Norton Ghost 12 and do a complete image of your machine. When sth go wrong it is easier to fix than use the LiveCD because sometimes whatever file you maybe looking is impossible to obtain.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    i use acronis true image is that the same type of program?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    optimus_prime's Avatar Guardian BT Rep: +2
    yes, and true image is very good.