Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the First Steps that u do when u gettin a new Tracker?

kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    I first read the rules and FAQ. Right off the bat I want to know about ratio expectations, different user status, forum expectations etc. Because if you mess up these from the get-go then you'll get banned in a heartbeat. So it is very very important to understand the trackers rules for members.

I then pretty well click on almost every link on the main page just to what's behind each one, and any other interesting qualities that stands out for this site. I then head over to the Forum and say hello, and maybe post in a few other threads regarding where are you from, or what are you reading, and so on. I'll then drift over to the profile page and if I know already my avatar I'll put it in. Serious cat and a second photo of the northern lights are my two favourites right now!!! Once I'm done all that I'll head over to the torrents and click on what is there for movies -- preferring DVD5 - NTSC, as well as check out how their search feature are configured.

Once I get through all of that, I might go back to the forum and hit the site suggestion/say thank you to someone thread and make a comment about what is really cool, or what (respectfully said of course) could use a bit of a tweak!

After that I settle in and just start to enjoy the community. My downloads are secondary to reading posts, seeing what new torrents are coming out (without necessarily wanting them all). I also will use the torrent section to check out what is new in applications/software -- again, not to download, but just to teach myself a bit about what is new out there. Some folks really take the time to describe what the software does and so on; and I really appreciate that.

That's my little routine.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Mike_007's Avatar Ratio 1.18 BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    DL. of course dl. why we join? hehe.
    i never read faq or rules. they are pretty useless.
    i usually seed at least 1 month what i dl. and i never shut down pc.
    (actually, i have no right to shut it down, it is belong to my company)
    You're nice to me, I'm nice to you.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    dbmp's Avatar ubuntu <3 BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Read the FAQ and then rules. (by this exact order ) Then i go to browse the torrents and after that to the forums.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    BANNED BT Rep: +3
    after checking the FAQ / RULES .. i always go to the forum and if there is a thread for "post your pics " .. i check it first ..lol

for some reason i like looking pics of fellow pirates..

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    I always go to the rules first and then to the faq. After that I go to the forums, and after some time, when I'm familiar with the site, and its rules, and forums, I start using the tracker.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    I usually read the rules before I register! Then I register, and I read part of the FAQ (most are the same on different sites so I read the new stuff only). I then try to build up a couple of GB by seeding stuff I already have or downloading a torrent with many leechers. I do that because I don't like having a low ratio. I might also read the forum, especially the part about the site.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Check forum and IRC channel.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Sharing since 2002 BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Leech and seed forever.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    KSA's Avatar Pro Skater BT Rep: +5
    1) Read Rules/FAG
    2) Check the staff page, to know them
    3) Edit my profile
    4) Say hello @ forums
    5) Looking 4 files i can seed
    6) Leech

7) Got disabled <<< J/K
    FLiP all the way!

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    KevinGarnet's Avatar Filesharing lover BT Rep: +3
    first thing i always read FAQ and Rules.. then when i sign up i go to profile and upload avatar.. and then i use tracker

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast