Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: thank you from Revolt

Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by josegavara View Post
    your efforts will not go un-noticed and you will receive your \"rewards\" in the wider community

once again thanks for your co-operation

jimmymac
    revolt admin
    Yes, those of them at shitty sites who violate their users privacy have plenty to fear. Those of us who stick to places where staff respect their users dont have to worry about childish retaliation.
    Last edited by Roark; 08-25-2007 at 01:27 PM. Reason: stupidly quoted wrong portion of his post

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    bunny67's Avatar THE ORIGINAL BUNNY! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Roark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by josegavara View Post
    We may run this experiment again shortly and would invite others to sign up at that time, previous applicants need not apply as we already have all your details

once again thanks for your co-operation

jimmymac
    revolt admin
    Yes, those of them at shitty sites who violate their users privacy have plenty to fear. Those of us who stick to places where staff respect their users don\'t have to worry about childish retaliation.
    whats childish about how they have retaliated ?what do you exspect ?them to let ppl have x amount of accounts?the reason they keep the details is so the slimeballs dont sign up again and try it on !which as stopped at lot of good users from joining

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Kirstein's Avatar torrent lover BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by bunny67 View Post

Yes, those of them at shitty sites who violate their users privacy have plenty to fear. Those of us who stick to places where staff respect their users don\'t have to worry about childish retaliation.
    whats childish about how they have retaliated ?what do you exspect ?them to let ppl have x amount of accounts?the reason they keep the details is so the slimeballs dont sign up again and try it on !which as stopped at lot of good users from joining
    I hear that. Instead of thinking about others a lot of people only thought about themselves.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by bunny67 View Post

Yes, those of them at shitty sites who violate their users privacy have plenty to fear. Those of us who stick to places where staff respect their users don\\\'t have to worry about childish retaliation.
    I meant sharing account details given in confidence. Especially since as many of us know, the trackers are hardly infallible in id\'ing traders/cheats.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Roark, you probably meant to say: recently banned revolt users don't have to fear their accounts on trackers that don't care if their members are quite possibly trading their accounts or having dupes. I believe it is in the interest of every single tracker to keep a somewhat fair community - and surprise, some tracker-staff take that seriously.

On the other hand it might just be a little bit harsh to lose a couple of accounts because of one indescretion but in all fairness: if you do it once who will believe you to stop with it?

In a totally unrelated matter: while revolt is not the uber-leet-special place I've come to think about, after all it was a much wanted forum/tracker and I seem to have drawn my own wrong conclusions , it does seem to be a cozy place with a decent and friendly community you don't experience every other day. I'll keep visiting, thanks to revolt for this chance

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    It's nice to hear that some sites like to be the judge, jury and executioner. I'm sure that a lot of those people who got banned were traders or dupe accounts, but it wouldn't surprise me if some were innocent. And now they lose all their good accounts? I think I won't try to sign up next time then (I missed last time) for fear I will be executed by their staff, even though I of course would only sign up once and not trade it.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Kirstein's Avatar torrent lover BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by fstemon View Post
    It's nice to hear that some sites like to be the judge, jury and executioner. I'm sure that a lot of those people who got banned were traders or dupe accounts, but it wouldn't surprise me if some were innocent. And now they lose all their good accounts? I think I won't try to sign up next time then (I missed last time) for fear I will be executed by their staff, even though I of course would only sign up once and not trade it.
    Well then you've got nothing to worry about

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirstein View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fstemon View Post
    It\'s nice to hear that some sites like to be the judge, jury and executioner. I\'m sure that a lot of those people who got banned were traders or dupe accounts, but it wouldn\'t surprise me if some were innocent. And now they lose all their good accounts? I think I won\'t try to sign up next time then (I missed last time) for fear I will be executed by their staff, even though I of course would only sign up once and not trade it.
    Well then you\'ve got nothing to worry about
    Right, because tracker staff have an excellent track record of never screwing up /sarcasm <br \\>
    <br \\>
    By the way, I have this bridge in Brooklyn that I\'m looking to sell ...

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    bunny67's Avatar THE ORIGINAL BUNNY! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirstein View Post

Well then you\'ve got nothing to worry about
    Right, because tracker staff have an excellent track record of never screwing up /sarcasm <br \\>
    <br \\>
    By the way, I have this bridge in Brooklyn that I\'m looking to sell ...
    then why not jump off it instead

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    its rich aint it. we have to treat everything in confidence whilst they trade our accounts. is it me or does anyone else see how silly that makes the poster look.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast