"Talking" involves more than posting a smiley

2. Lounge   -   #42
    tupac's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tupac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

These two for starters

"Talking" involves more than posting a smiley
    That smiley is a word: spam. That's "talking". But a random link is not "talking".
    BTW, you think that Skizo's post is a spam too?

3. Lounge   -   #43
    LaPistola's Avatar about BT Rep: +2
    The threads can be off topic not the posts in the thread, if someone makes a thread with a specific goal you stick with that and do not come into there thread and start talking shit about how there spamming, this is the lounge anything goes, the title was the explanation of the thread anything beyond that would have been redundant. Tupac you are an ignoramus, and who are you to tell the mods they don't know the rules. F*ck off
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    I don't know about the north but in the south an Englishman is about as welcome as a fart in a space suit.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post

To be fair, that acronym was coined long after the term "spam" was used with regards to emails, chatrooms and messageboards.

Personally, I think JP should put the original link back, and TUPAC should stfu, the dirty little spammer
    I would really like to know in which of my posts I spammed, because if you would know a little about the forum on which you are a mod (), you would know that this is the off-topic forum.
    Don't be fooled by cheap imitations, this is the original Off-Topic forum. Come on in and talk about absolutely anything (within our board rules).
    This is the off-topic forum, you can talk about anything here, but you have to f*cking talk, not just open a thread which contains only a random link, this is called spam. He's like a f*cking spambot.
    The Lounge is an area where members can post whatever they want. It's a virtually unmoderated section of the board.

You can post just about whatever the fuck you want here. There is no on-topic or off-topic. Look at the threads here, they almost all stray off the original topic, but who gives a shit. IT'S THE LOUNGE.

Like rossco said, who gives a shit about other boards or what they do?

yo

5. Lounge   -   #45
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    This threads gone waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy of topic

/closed

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Quote Originally Posted by LaPistola View Post
    The threads can be off topic not the posts in the thread, if someone makes a thread with a specific goal you stick with that and do not come into there thread and start talking shit about how there spamming, this is the lounge anything goes, the title was the explanation of the thread anything beyond that would have been redundant. Tupac you are an ignoramus, and who are you to tell the mods they don't know the rules. F*ck off
    F*ck off kid. You don't know what you are talking about.
    I posted a "spam" smiley, to a thread which had only a random link, which on every board of the world (except FST) is considered spam, and if you have only 1 post on the board when you make a thread like this, you will even get a ban, because the mods will think that you are a spambot.
    I intended to make only that 1 single post on this thread, but then the other users came...
    I couldnt make all the offtopic without the helping hand off the mods and other users who posted on this thread.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by LaPistola View Post
    I posted a "spam" smiley, to a thread which had only a random link, which on every board of the world (except FST) is considered spam, and if you have only 1 post on the board when you make a thread like this, you will even get a ban, because the mods will think that you are a spambot.
    I intended to make only that 1 single post on this thread, but then the other users came...
    I couldnt make all the offtopic without the helping hand off the mods and other users who posted on this thread.
    etc.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Chip Monk's Avatar Darth Monk Like.
    Why do you keep saying it only contained a "random link". The thread was entitled "Flash Games" and the link was to, flash games. How is that a random link.

Why did the post need anything else other than the link. Did it need something like "here is a link to flash games", what would that have added to the post.

Some people like playing flash games on-line. A chap posts a link to some really good ones, that's useful to people who like them. It's not offensive, it's not controversial, it's just giving people a link to something they want to use. How is that spam, other than by your own definition of something like "the post had no words in it".

Here's the point, you're just talking shite. I suspect even you know that.

9. Lounge   -   #49
    LaPistola's Avatar about BT Rep: +2
    we don't care about other boards we are talking a bout this board, not "every board of the world"
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    I don't know about the north but in the south an Englishman is about as welcome as a fart in a space suit.

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post
    etc.
    Look who's talking . Sooo lame

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast