Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Im Bored

Poster
    dick cheney, dick head. but what's the moral stance of the spanish gov, more to the point!
    max 80x80
    100kb

2. Lounge   -   #12
    billy your about how nice 2 see u

3. Lounge   -   #13
    insanebassman
    "... the swine align, the fetus is mine..."
    -System of a Down

My mom aborted a potential sibling because it would have "been inconvinient" at the time. So, I have a dead brother/sister who will never have a grave, a name or even be recognised as human.

I agree that pregnancies that are caused by Rape, Molestation should be allowed to be aborted. I also agree that the mothers health and life come first, so if the pregnancy is a threat to the mother's life and health for ever, then an abortion should be allowed after deep medical evaluation.

Killing a potential baby because it would be inconvinient should be abolished. Unfortunately most people on both sides of the debate are too narrow minded to acknowledge the difference.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    An evil woman was asked to comment on a case in ireland where a 14 year old girl was raped and became pregnant. The evil woman said it was wrong for this girl to have an abortion.

Guess who the evil woman was.

It was mother theresa.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    In a rape case, yes.

In other cases, no.

The problem is, not many people know about the pills you can take up to about 3 days after sex which prevent pregnancy. its not abortion and its extremely effective.

also a problem, there are already to many orphaned children.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by insanebassman@2 July 2003 - 20:59

My mom aborted a potential sibling because it would have "been inconvenient" at the time. So, I have a dead brother/sister who will never have a grave, a name or even be recognised as human.

I agree that pregnancies that are caused by Rape, Molestation should be allowed to be aborted. I also agree that the mothers health and life come first, so if the pregnancy is a threat to the mother's life and health for ever, then an abortion should be allowed after deep medical evaluation.

Killing a potential baby because it would be inconvenient should be abolished. Unfortunately most people on both sides of the debate are too narrow minded to acknowledge the difference.
    IBM

I almost totally agree with you. As does the Catholic Church, particularly in relation to the Mothers health. I am saddened that you are in this position and quite sure you have a great sense of something lost.

I cannot accept however that because the baby was the result of a rape that it's right to life is any less than mine. I can appreciate your position though, why should the mother have to go through the pregnancy and birth, constantly being reminded about how it started.

This to me is the only real grey area in the debate and one on which I think can only be dealt with on an individual basis. I certainly wouldn't condemn anyone in these circumstances.

I believe that a baby is a baby from conception and that it's right to life is the same as anyone else's.

Hippocratic Oath

See the fourth paragraph.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    The Passion
    Personally, I don't think it should be outlawed in any situation.
    For example, my girfriend and I are both in the summer between the 1st and 2nd years of an engineering (5 year) degree.
    We practice safe sex (i.e. Condom AND Birth Control Pill EVERY time&#33 and we always check for breakage in the latex.
    But, as we all know, accidents are bound to happen. If, somehow, she managed to become pregnant, we have agreed that abortion would be the best course of action for us both, because we feel that we would be nowhere near ready to have a child.

I think this is a sound decision, and it secures the future of both ourselves AND our future child (when we choose to have one).

That is only my opinion, and I look forward to reading more of yours as this boredom-induced thread continues to grow.

- Loomy

8. Lounge   -   #18
    I agree that abortions are acceptable in the case of rape etc.Jpaaul your point that the child has as much right to life as anyone is valid but also the rape victim has a right to life aswell if the victim gives birth she then has to have a life of torment seeing the baby everyday and seeing the rapist's features.Yes she would also see her own but after such a traumatic experiance as rape the last thing that you would want is a child that has nothing to do with you.A child born from love will be loved,it would take an unually strong minded person to give birth after such a thing,and greatest respect to those women that have.As for people aborting for conveniance pfft whats that all about,if you say you used adequate protection obviously it wasnt,dont try to justify your own selfishness.I am 30 yrs old my son is 13 my daughter is 8.Have i ever looked back at life and regretted having them so young?No.My 40th bday will be daughters 18th what a party We are going to be young enough to do all the things that my friends have already done(without the diseases!!&#33You adapt to life you dont destroy it!

9. Lounge   -   #19
    I agree with Jpaul my pops had an affair with sum whoe and got her pregnant..

so the simple descion for my folks the whoe get's an abortion..

do i agree with the descion -- I have 2 yes -- for best intrest of keeping my family together...

10. Lounge   -   #20
    WeeMouse's Avatar Small and Squeaky
    All reasonable arguments guys!

In my Roman Catholic school, people were brought in to tell us that abortion is wrong, no matter what. THat was what they told us. Feotuses were people, and that was that.

i got thinking - i was a "mistake" as my dad tells me so often, so what would have happened if my mum had thought a new sprog to add to the 3 she already had, was too much?....

BUt i still don't know whether to be against it - I am neutral and refuse to pass judgement...for that is not the mousey-way!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast