Thread: Super Episode Sharing Idea

I like to collect and share TV series episodes. I have both seasons of Enterprise, one of Buffy, most of Star Trek TAS, some TOS, some B5, up to date (Ghost in the Shell Standalone Complex (which by the way is so, so sweet), and soon (hopefully) all of Robotech. Downloading these was not easy because it involved, in the case of Robotech for instance, 85 seperate downloads.
    My idea is that once I have a series fully downloaded, in addition to sharing them individally I would also make a Zip file of all of them together and share that. In some cases it would be huge, but my server is almost always on so it's really up to you if you? Would anyone be interested in downloading a whole series in one shot like this?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    I don't think this will work. Usually, when I finish downloading a series, I would just put the episodes on my backup hard drive, burn the files to a CD, or make a VCD out of these episodes. Plus downloading a huge zip file would probably take the same amount of time as downloading the episodes individually. And sometimes a whole series can be 300 episodes, like Dragon Ball Z. While this idea is good for people who have a big hard drive and a fast connection, it wouldn't work for the majority of us.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Good points, but the reason I bring it up is we are all getting (over the years) bigger hard drives and faster connections; the real pain, for me at least, is locating episode 52 which nobody seems to share except on every other Tuesday, and only when it is sunny. Ok, I'm being a little rediculous, but you see what I am getting at. By sharing the whole slew of them, if just two or three people downloaded it from me and then unzipped and shared the contents that would raise the availability of those rare episodes by a lot. And it would also be much more convenient for the users who don't have time to constantly monitor their downloads.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    What's TOS?

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    TOS is Star Trek T.O.S. (The Original Series). TAS is the animated series. The next generation is TNG. Deep Space 9 is DS9 and I think Voyager is VOY, but I don't really know since I never download those shows. These labels are useful to narrow your search if you are looking for Star Trek, becasue if you just type in "Star Trek" there are more than 20 seasons among 5 shows, 10 movies on top of that, and a bunch of random fan-stuff.