Thread: Got a question.

Ali-g's Avatar Joker BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Ok my cousin lives in Canada. And as we were talking yest. he told me he didnt know about sharing and things like that (ok hes still young) Anyways I told him and he was like wow!!
    The thing is Im not sure emmm can he be sued by law there?
    I told him Id give him a fast answer so Im asking here
    Thanx
    Last edited by Ali-g; 09-13-2007 at 11:41 PM.

The Chase is Better than the Catch

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    whole world is pirating...No ones gonna sue you until you are a producer's relative

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Lol! Well if it'd be for me u can see in the signature what I say to those pretending to sue me
    I needed to know about Canada particularly because Im not asking about myself and therefore I dont want someone else to get into trouble cuz of me. :S

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    well everyone who torrents is at risk. More so with all the trading that goes on. However it's unlikely you will be targeted unless your on public trackers or you're a massive uploader.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    It might be possible to get sued in Canada, but I know that it's certainly less strict there than it is in the US.
    Don't take my exact word for it, but I think you can't get in trouble for downloading music there? I'm not sure about other things...

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    well everyone who torrents is at risk. More so with all the trading that goes on. However it's unlikely you will be targeted unless your on public trackers or you're a massive uploader.
    Well not everyone really... I live in a small country away from America by the way and my government doesnt give a rat's a*s about what were doing or dloading, i mean til 1 or 2 years ago we actually had all our TVs displaying all the films & sports games they wanted without any law not permitting them to.. It was jst so great having everything without paying for it.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Well not everyone really... I live in a small country away from America by the way and my government doesnt give a rat's a*s about what were doing or dloading, i mean til 1 or 2 years ago we actually had all our TVs displaying all the films & sports games (latest ones) they wanted without any law not permitting them to.. It was jst so great having everything without paying for it.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Its illegal to UPLOAD in Canada basically...

Downloading is 100% fne since they pay an extra tax on their media anyways.

Example a $10 spool of blank CDR's would probably cost a few bucks more in Canada.
    Those extra $'s are supposed to go the the (Con)artists and producers and such.

Canada is alot more lenient than U.S. so its basically hard to even consider yourself getting caught. IF you face the facts... even in the U.S. its hard to get caught. Theyve caught/sued maybe 15,000 people now out of the how many millions of people doing it in the U.S. Alone...

Way I see way the legal system is in the whole country of Canada its all a big mess so I wouldnt really worry about it anytime soon.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali-g View Post
    Well not everyone really... I live in a small country away from America by the way and my government doesnt give a rat's a*s about what were doing or dloading, i mean til 1 or 2 years ago we actually had all our TVs displaying all the films & sports games (latest ones) they wanted without any law not permitting them to.. It was jst so great having everything without paying for it.
    Sounds nice

And like Melvin said about Canada, Australia is pretty much the same. I see myself as facing basically no risk. no one in Australia is going to get busted for downloading...uploading is another story though.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Uploading is another story?/\
    Well if u dload u have to UL for the community isnt it so?
    I mean after leeching u go with seeding?
    Or u mean UL new material?