Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Too Many Avi's Not Enough Mpg's

n00b
    Most of the movies on Kazaa are normally in AVI format, I find MPG's better. That way i can burn straight onto a cd-r/s (VCD format using NERO)

It takes so long for Nero to convert the AVI files...

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Originally posted by How_Bazaa@3 July 2003 - 11:49
    Most of the movies on Kazaa are normally in AVI format, I find MPG's better. That way i can burn straight onto a cd-r/s (VCD format using NERO)

It takes so long for Nero to convert the AVI files...
    the time taken to encode depends on your spec.
    in some cases, it takes less time to download an avi and re-encode it than it does to download an mpeg, just because it takes either so long to download the mpeg or so little time to re-encode

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    Yeah, but thats because the avi files are usually in divx format (or other compression formats) and it does take ages to convert.

Thats why you get such good quality for a small size.

If you want to make a VCD then just download the bin and cues.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Originally posted by LINDOREZ@3 July 2003 - 11:52
    Yeah, but thats because the avi files are usually in divx format (or other compression formats) and it does take ages to convert.

Thats why you get such good quality for a small size.

If you want to make a VCD then just download the bin and cues.
    it usually takes me between a third and a half of real time to convert form avi to mpeg, but it depends on the file and what else i'm doing with the comp.

it's totally dependent on the spec though, it just so happens it's much quicker for me to re-encode than to download double the data

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    you should not use nero to encode your fillm use a independant encoder like TMPGEnc wot spec is ur compouter??

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by 2nd gen noob@3 July 2003 - 10:56
    it's totally dependent on the spec though, it just so happens it's much quicker for me to re-encode than to download double the data
    That is very true, i'm lucky to have a high spec PC and a high speed internet connection, but it saves me an hour to just download the two bins, plus it saves me the work of doing it as well. Your completly right though.

And sxc_ant i agree i would use TMPGenc, but its looks pretty complicated to a new user and nero is a lot easier to use.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    na if you get TMPGENc plus there is a wizard that does it for you honeslty it's worth looking at if u get any films in in letter box form you make them full screen!!!

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    n00b
    My system is

AMD 1.1Ghz - 356Mb Ram - 20GB Harddrive

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    mine is 1.3 ghz amd and 256 xp pro it shud take but 3 hours doing it at full screen

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    jetje's Avatar former star
    NOOOOOOOO, STOP MPEG.... SHARE AVI.

quality is much much better. In no time all dvd players will support avi to play.
    No converting needed anymore!
    Edit, there are a lot that does support it now already like the KISS dvd player it supports divx..

KEEP IT AVI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast