Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the Hell are Ebooks so appealing!?

I am baffled by iceman0113's comment. How does a book's cost or lack thereof have any bearing on reading it all the way through? If it will make you feel better, you can give me $150 dollars every time you read an electronic book.

I have the Sony Reader (PRS-500), myself, and I love it. It's been great for the ~10 books I read on it over the past year or so. It's saved me many trips to the library. It's good for manga, too.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    The books are easier to carry around on my ipod.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    i got used to it, just turn off the brightness have an instant coffee, and read it all...also they are appealing cuz it is limitless, sometimes u can find the book u borrowed from library. So it kinda gives ya a chance to go back and read ya what you forget easily. Not to mention that not all books are in my country, for exp you cant find dummies how to play poker on my country...so it gives you access to all sorts of books cultures et cetera... that is why it is appealing...

4. Lounge   -   #44
    If a lot of my texts I use for university are available as ebooks I would not hesitate getting an ebook reader but that's not the case at the moment. Would save me a lot of weight, and easier to read whilst travelling, when I take long journeys travelling to and from my university. Some texts are also ridiculouly expensive and makes photocopying the whole books very tempting.

5. Lounge   -   #45
    djerholler69's Avatar Love Bytes! BT Rep: +3
    well, with an ebook, i can ctrl-f to what i need to find immediately, without having to flip to the index and then flip to the many pages to find the correct context!

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Seriost's Avatar n00b
    If you or someone you know works at an office follow these steps:
    1. Download ebook (at home)
    2. Stuff it into a stick
    3. Work over schedule(the person at the office)
    4. Print out the whole ebook
    5. Read! (ITS SO AWSOME BECOUSE YOU CAN READ BANNED BOOKS LIKE ANARCHY COOKBOOK OR JACK THE RIPPA'S BOOK, MURDER INC.)

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Qlix's Avatar saving forever BT Rep: +1
    I don't like it and I never have... It needs PDF, printing out and it's just generally a pain. I rather buy the book/whatever in that case honestly. lol

8. Lounge   -   #48
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlix View Post
    I don't like it and I never have... It needs PDF, printing out and it's just generally a pain. I rather buy the book/whatever in that case honestly. lol
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PDF_software
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

9. Lounge   -   #49
    Last edited by promod; 09-25-2009 at 07:31 AM.

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Some books are soo expensive. Plus some come with a CD for learning or something so you can put it on your iPod and print off the pages you want to read or the whole thing.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast