Thread: My ISP throttle big time my bandwith, risk of ban ?

Member BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6

Question Mark

Hey all,

i just moved to a new home and unfortunately my isp now throttle a lot my connection with p2p protocol i had 1,2Mb/s and now got 20Kb/sec (or 60k/sec if i lauch simustaneously 30 torrents hahaha ...)

1hour became 1week for x264 releases ...

that s life BUT :

- can my client report bad stats ? i mean when i look to the peer tab i see lots of peers uploading to me at ~1Ko/s but from their side they should see that they upload at a very high speed to me no ? (and 99% of what they send is lost in my isp routers ...)
    so my download stats does not match the upload stats of my peers isnt it ?

- due to bad reporting of my stats, can i be banned ?

thx for ur time
    Last edited by TableTennisRocks; 08-31-2007 at 11:42 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    i think you will be ok. Do you have forced encryption on

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    tupac's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by TableTennisRocks View Post
    Hey all,
    - can my client report bad stats ? i mean when i look to the peer tab i see lots of peers uploading to me at ~1Ko/s but from their side they should see that they upload at a very high speed to me no ?
    No. They will se that you are uploading with 1KB/s. Your client will not report bad stats.
    BTW, change ISP

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Member BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6

Heart

Quote Originally Posted by haydeno View Post
    i think you will be ok. Do you have forced encryption on
    yes i have tried every combination and my isp still detect my p2p activity :/

Quote Originally Posted by tupac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TableTennisRocks View Post
    Hey all,
    - can my client report bad stats ? i mean when i look to the peer tab i see lots of peers uploading to me at ~1Ko/s but from their side they should see that they upload at a very high speed to me no ?
    No. They will se that you are uploading with 1KB/s. Your client will not report bad stats.
    BTW, change ISP
    ok thx for ur answers

well this isp roxx but u have to be in the good place to have full speed on p2P ... and hopefully my isp should cover soon my new town with full speed

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Sounds like your isp is hosing you out of your bandwidth. It seems like more and more these days are trying to throttle people. I know if I use large quantities of bandwidth over a certain limit then mine is throttled also.