Thread: Tv Out

I have a tv out on my video card that is svideo how would and how much would it cost to hook it up to my tv? Sound would come from my computer speakers right?

Thanks for the help

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    You need an SVid to RCA adaptor for most TVs and the cables to the TV. ten bucks and up depending on quality of the cables.

http://www.vidcam.com.au/shop/svideo.html

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I have a tv out on my video card that is svideo how would and how much would it cost to hook it up to my tv? Sound would come from my computer speakers right?

Thanks for the help

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    s-video cable 20$
    audio rc wires for the speakers (tv or reciver) 5$
    time to connect 2 minutes
    watching your avi files in dvd qulity on your tv without burning the damn thing on to your dvd $priceless$

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    the sound must come out of the soundcard-- so yes, the sound would still go to the pc speakers.

the simplest solution i can suggest is to add a splitter to the soundcard's speaker jack so that you can plug the pc speakers and the tv into it at the same time. split the headphone-style speaker jack into two, and use an adapter cable (headphone plug to stereo rca plugs) to send the audio to the tv.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Twist3r
    coudnt you use a TV capture card?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    i don't know anything about a tv capture card i just want to be able to send my movies from my computer to my tv with out haveing to make them all vcd cd's. Im pretty sure the svideo cable will work. thanks guys

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    It works great for me that is how I have myn hooked up that way also my sat reciver has a s-vid connector on it later