Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sony's Excellent Marketing (ps3 Info)

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    PS3 will be backward compatible with PS2. Sony made sure that from the PS1 , which most of us have games for, we would easily buy a PS2 NOT just because of the new games that were coming but we could play our old games as well. They are doing the same with PS3 allowing PS2 games the same way. They will phase out production of PS1 games completely when the PS3 hits.

PS1 HOT SELLER then...

PS2 plays HOT SELLER PS1 and new PS2 GAMES making PS2 the new HOT SELLER
    then....

PS3 plays PS2's (the current HOT SELLER) games and new PS3 games....and the beat goes on

PS3 doesn't even need to be the best technically or graphicly (and probably won't be) and it will still outsell Xbox 2 and Gamecube 2 combined (PS3 does have to have a very noticeable improvement over PS2). It will in turn (even if the system is harder to program for) make a developer/publisher want to tap that higher installed base of users (more profit) and games for that system (more times than not, exclusively).

This proves that being first and having excellent marketing can win over superior ttechnical advancements by competitors. Microsoft and definitely Nintendo will need a next generation system that unequivicly blows PS3 out of the water to really 'crack the Sony wall'.

They might also ETCH IN STONE these MUST HAVES to have a chance to compete:

built-in broadband
    hard-drive
    DVD or new Blu-Ray disc compatibility (learn Nintendo)
    TIVO style recording
    play recordable DVDs if not record itself (Blu-Ray's format is already recordable in hi-def)
    maybe come with a game, mem card, or free online time
    is lower costing than PS3

Failure to do this will insure Sony's dominance for at least 3 more years and definitely put Nintendo in the 'software only' market.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    Thatas quite correct. i see alot of posts saying who thinks Xbox is better than PS2 among other things. They base their argument on the Gamecube/ Xbox being superior in quality to the PS2 and...so what? The PS2 makes the other 2 consoles look like babys with the huge array of blockbuster games only exclusive to it, and to top it off if you look at the actual sales figures, as Busyman states, the PS2 has sold more units than the Gamecube and Xbox combined. And its even on a larger scale with the PS1 compared to the N64. To be honest in terms of sucess Sony have won a easy, rolling battle against Microsoft and Nintendo, there are so many loyal customers, as they have the knack to get all the great developers releasing games on them. This is not a post about which system is better, but I think Ive made my case as to which console is easy the "big daddy"

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    im glad they do this it enables people who haven't bought previos consoles to be able to enjoy the games as well.

..but now im waiting to see the childish X-Box Fans boys (not saying every person who has an X-Box is one cuz not all are) to come and start talkin sh*t.

4. Games   -   #4
    CadeLaguana's Avatar Poster
    No I'm an xbox lover but I think this ps3 is pretty bad ass. I have a ps2 so yes this is going to be something I'm going to buy. I love em all. Game consoles are like games, some have different things than others, either way, you get fun from each. Too bad the release date is so distant....Oh well I'll be playing morrowind untill its out

By the way, You people have got to get that game! The elder scrolls 3 is...BREATHTAKING. With bloodmoon installed, the snowy place makes me want to cry in happiness. Anyway that has nothing to do with nothing, just telling everyone to get that game!

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    Im pretty sure i'm missing something here but I found Morrowind incredibly dissapointing. The graphics were fine but even once I establish my Imperial Warrior to a fair standing missions became impossible, magic casters kiling me in less than 2 secs and getting minced. The problem with this ultra-free -roaming game is you have no idea where you really should be/ Another problem being completing all the missions in a certain town suited to your level, advancing to the next and getting absolutely slaughtered in those missions. Well overall I lost interest in a day and its gone down the dung hole!

6. Games   -   #6
    I have games like that where you reach an impossible bridge so play another game but..... I jump back in the challenge and eventually CONQUER it. The only game I haven't picked back up (shame to say) is Gradius III for PS2. I waiting for the Morrowind pack for Xbox then I'll tackle that one. I've got too many games still shrunk wrapped as it is.
    One trick that I do is stay behind the 'new game buying curve' so when I do buy the game it has dropped in price. The only time this doesn't apply is when it's a phenomenal game. Then I have to get in on release day (like Brute Force for the X). Also when Toys R Us has 'Buy 2 Get 1 Free Day' I rack up buying at least 9 games. Why buy a million games with no time to play each? Buy 2 then beat them.

When you buy the next one (not new anymore) it might be half the price.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Games   -   #7
    the ps3 will play ps1 games to if that even matter but i guess it's still cool

8. Games   -   #8
    The PS3 WILL NOT play PS1 games. NO

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Games   -   #9
    Trust me it will. Call it a little inside info

10. Games   -   #10
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    right... cuz your buddy buddy with a insider at japan sony? lol

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast