Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do I need a .cue file to burn .flac files to a cd

Ok I'm kinda new at burning flac music files to a cd and I need some help.

I saw that there is a .cue file that comes along with an ablum ripped in flac. Do I need that cue file to burn to the flac files. the reason is that i already got an album encoded in flac that i got from another site without a cue file.

i just want to make sure

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    lynx's Avatar .
    I'm not familiar with the .flac format, but my assumption would be that it will produce a single monolithic track for the full album, in the same way that .ape files do for Monkey's audio.

If that's the case, the .cue file probably holds track break information. You don't have to use it, but if you choose not to you will end up with cd consisting of a single large track.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    dbmp's Avatar ubuntu <3 BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    I believe you can burn it with the .m3u (the playlist file that comes with the FLAC ripping). Use a program named "Burrrn". But, wait for a more specialized opinion.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post
    You don't have to use it, but if you choose not to you will end up with cd consisting of a single large track.
    I don't want that to happen!

Quote Originally Posted by dbmp View Post
    I believe you can burn it with the .m3u (the playlist file that comes with the FLAC ripping). Use a program named "Burrrn". But, wait for a more specialized opinion.
    Yes, I have heard of Burrrn, but I would rather use Nero (if I can even). It would be nice if I could just make an .m3u file, because I can do that with winamp.

I'll go exploring, tell ya'll what I find lata.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    dbmp's Avatar ubuntu <3 BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Burrrn is really fast and error free. I liked the program a lot, replaced my nero for music burning. Good luck in your explorations.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Well I ended up using Nero. All I have to do is drag the flac files into the program. No cue file needed.
    Do you know what this means!? I don't have to get my flac files from Oink!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    No cue needed. Just use the FLAC plugin for Nero.

yo

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    So just click and drag to nero, label, burn and verify? I did that, verification successful, and a part of a song doesn't play and if i keep it running, freezes my entire computer.

So I deemed it a coaster and trashed the CD-R. Will coasters like this one 'evade' data verification in nero?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    sert's Avatar t r e s BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    For my music burning/converting needs I use exclusively Easy CD-DA Extractor and I highly recommend it.

If you decide to install it, just choose the Audio CD Creator tab and load there your flacs.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    I am having the same problem, i cant choose the .cue file to burn with nero 7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast