Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what's up with oink?

Last edited by y7deluxe; 06-20-2010 at 06:41 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Flash360's Avatar Member BT Rep: +1
    It's really hard to seed there.
    you just have to choose you torrents wiselly. but even choosing the right torrents doesn't guarantee you success.
    If you have the time, upload a few lossless torrents of your own

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    It's ground hog day

search is your friend try this thread Oink Booster

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Capsino's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I have just joined oink and my first impression is that it is a site with too many seeders (!). You find everything you want of course with tremendous dw speed but it seems really hard to get a decent ratio.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    LaPistola's Avatar about BT Rep: +2
    yes they actually encourage HnR to some extent from what I've heard...I think its the only tracker
    BTW- I don not have Oink, never have, and don't think i ever will so please don't take me as an authority, If you get banned from HnR don't blame me
    Last edited by LaPistola; 09-06-2007 at 12:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    I don't know about the north but in the south an Englishman is about as welcome as a fart in a space suit.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    signalearth's Avatar ~SurrenderToTheFlow~ BT Rep: +3
    its simply that there is more music than anything. Those go real quick. If you get on a large release that is like a movie would be, say an instructional dvd than thats much easier to hold onto peers for longer. and because so many worry about their ratio going to crap they probably dont download entire 4-5gb dvds, therefore there are less seeders on that particular torrent. but yes, you do have to know what to seed @ OiNK or better yet upload some shit. Its easy and you'll see your ratio go up quick, quick. hope that helps... s.e.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    ^ but you have to get it very soon after its uploaded and keep in mind that most of the "peers" you see are partial seeding

8. BitTorrent   -   #8

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by LaPistola View Post
    yes they actually encourage HnR to some extent from what I've heard...I think its the only tracker
    BTW- I don not have Oink, never have, and don't think i ever will so please don't take me as an authority, If you get banned from HnR don't blame me
    Oink doesn't encourage H&R, they allow it. Two very different things.

Really the best thing to do is upload properly ripped and encoded stuff of your own. Make it FLAC, since the filesize is bigger and many members prefer it, meaning lots of downloads. You can find lots of guides in the Oink forum.

Another way is to find large torrents elsewhere to seed on Oink, but only problem is everyone else is doing it too, so you won't get a large amount of upload from something 3-400 people are seeding or partial seeding anyway.

Many people use it for apps as well, so if you run into something not on Oink on some other site, then up it on Oink.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast