Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My (overly)patriotic Post

Poster
    Originally posted by clocker+6 July 2003 - 16:24--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 6 July 2003 - 16:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@5 July 2003 - 21:45
    I editted this simply because it unintentionally came across agrogant in a backhanded way.
    Damn Hobbes.

This post must be approaching the record for most major revisions ever&#33;
    Every time I start to formulate a comment it has morphed again.

I&#39;ve never thought you were agrogant.

Shall we talk about boobies now? [/b][/quote]
    Hobbes
    Why not delete it all and type "Does not apply anymore"

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by clocker+6 July 2003 - 16:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 6 July 2003 - 16:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Neil__@6 July 2003 - 09:05
    I wish I could share your thoughts Hobbes

At tha moment I can Honestly say that I am&nbsp; anti American they are putting my future at risk and they need to be stopped.

There is only one real threat to world safety and america is it.This isn&#39;t a global critism of all Americans but as a country derspise it
    I also despise Tony blaire and our government for getting involved with America over this.
    America But out and leave the world in relative peace.
    I am not scared to say this and I don&#39;t care if you think I am speeking out of turn but I could not be an American I would be a traitor.
    Interesting worldview, Neil.

I&#39;ve stated before that I think that the US has been overly aggressive &#39;projecting&#39; our agenda on the world stage. I&#39;d like to see us become more selective and cooperate better with other potential allies.
    But we could withdraw altogether as you suggest- after all we do have pressing concerns on the homefront that could easily absorb all of our resources.

Cheerio&#33;

BTW- let us know how you decide to deal with North Korea, Iran, Syria, Libya, et al.... [/b][/quote]
    Why not do a little less protecting our agenda and a little more of what America does best and thats protecting the world agenda.

The world needs a powerful nation like America to look out for the interests of us all as a whole and well be right there with them.

But what Bush and America is doing is acting like the biggest kid in the playgroung and using that to frighten the youngsters. We all need America and others to protect everyones interests not threaten the whole world order to protect itself.

Play fair America and give Iraq it&#39;s ball back.

Neil

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Neil__@6 July 2003 - 10:02
    Clocker I don&#39;t know how to deal with the countries and neither does America
    That&#39;s why it&#39;s absolutely imperitive they stop before they drag the entire world into a conflict nobody wants

It seems to me that conflict is exactly what many of the fundamentalist Islamic states want.

Without the threat of retribution nations such as Iran and Libya would be far more overtly aggressive than they are at present.

I would be all for the US taking a less prominant role in the deterrence of this aggression.

Perhaps Camaroon will step up to the plate, eh?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Neil__@6 July 2003 - 16:02
    I think now I will probable live in Holland if they will have me.

... if I become a dutchman then I&#39;ll be patriotic to two countries and deal with the dilema&#39;s that throws at me.
    Well Neil it&#39;s not easy to come and live in the Netherlands at the moment. To become a dutchman you wil have to learn the language; a new law was introduced in april. You will need to be resident for 5years, find work, (not a good time) and accomodation (very difficult). If you have friends here that will be very helpfull.

But if you like the dutch culture it is a relaxed place to live. In any case succes.

Patriotic to 2 countries? I don&#39;t know if that&#39;s possible.

Nigel123

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Poster
    Originally posted by clocker+6 July 2003 - 17:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker &#064; 6 July 2003 - 17:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Neil__@6 July 2003 - 10:02
    Clocker I don&#39;t know how to deal with the countries and neither does America
    That&#39;s why it&#39;s absolutely imperitive they stop before they drag the entire world into a conflict nobody wants

It seems to me that conflict is exactly what many of the fundamentalist Islamic states want.

Without the threat of retribution nations such as Iran and Libya would be far more overtly aggressive than they are at present.

I would be all for the US taking a less prominant role in the deterrence of this aggression.

Perhaps Camaroon will step up to the plate, eh? [/b][/quote]
    Couldn&#39;t agree more if America worked with the UN and used it&#39;s post twin towers position to demand help then we would have given them as much as the want in a considered fasion and take a systematic approach. think about it rationally and if then a fight is needed give them one
    I never denied that things HAD to be done for the twin towers and people had to come to account and soon.

But we could just wait and in 50 years and no more oil then the islamic nations wont have any more power over the world and will be forced to take a reduction in their world pecking order.

this is a major problem to world safety as are korea and others but poking them with sticks can&#39;t be a good idea.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Originally posted by Neil__@6 July 2003 - 11:05

But we could just wait and in 50 years and no more oil then the islamic nations wont have any more power over the world and will be forced to take a reduction in their world pecking order.

Firstly Neil, I question that in 50 years there will be no more oil.
    But, let&#39;s grant that it comes to pass that way.

Hasn&#39;t it occured to you that the Middle Eastern countries may do that which historically every country with dwindling natural resources has done?
    Namely, find the nearest weak neighbor and try to appropriate their resources.
    Nations do not go gently into the night.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Poster
    Nations do not go gently into the night.
    your point is only valid if you believe their is no other energy for us.
    We need oil because the alternative means massive infrostructural changes worldwide but we can do it and why dont we spend the time getting Nuclear Fusion sorted once and for all and we got all the energy we need trouble is batteries aint good enough yet to take enough charge to drive far so we need the oil.

And that&#39;ll not change for a while.

does that mean fight to the death.
    Rather you than me.
    I&#39;d rather wait until they develope a better battery and charge my car at home than die in some mad max hell just to keep my Buick on the road.

You can fight all you like but MY lights aint going out
    and it dont matter I was never scared of the dark anyway.

Neil

Edit : Quote

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    I think you misread my post.
    I said that should it come to pass that in 50 years oil was no longer a viable source of income for those nations that they would find another way of acquiring income.
    Historically, this has taken the form of annexing more land from others weaker than you and exploiting it.
    It is conceivable of course, that Iran or Libya would find another way to survive. They could do as India has and export intellect and technology.
    They could emulate Japan and become manufacturing experts.
    Neither possibility strikes me as very likely.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Poster
    I didn&#39;t miisread your post both times now.
    you spoke very imotively of nations going into the night and the fight for their energy.

And I replied energy crisis what energy crisis.

I think I understand what you were saying.

Neil

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123